GPS not showing map?

phreakaj

Reaction score
My GPS knows my location without data connection but willonly show direction and position on a blank map. Is this right? And if so can I cache my local map when I do have data service for use when I am outside data coverage?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
My GPS knows my location without data connection but willonly show direction and position on a blank map. Is this right? And if so can I cache my local map when I do have data service for use when I am outside data coverage?

You need an active data connection to download the maps....You can cache them but you need an app for that.....Name of it eludes me at the moment..

mike1655

Reaction score
You are too close. Hit the minus to zoom out and you will again see the map.

OP
P

phreakaj

Reaction score
Map cache?

Does anyone know the app. that caches the Google maps so I can use them when I don't have data connection?

OP
P

phreakaj

Reaction score
Thank you backnblack for actually reading and understanding my problem......now if someone just knew the app to cache the maps. Why is there not a map file cache that I could download with all the maps in the us or at least the east coast. It could not be THAT large to bog down my sd.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Thank you backnblack for actually reading and understanding my problem......now if someone just knew the app to cache the maps. Why is there not a map file cache that I could download with all the maps in the us or at least the east coast. It could not be THAT large to bog down my sd.

Take a look at the Trimble Outdoors app....Never used it but it looks like it can cache the maps for offline use.