GPS issues

eliwellis

Reaction score
A couple of us speculated in this thread that this issue might get resolved with the 2.1 update.

Has that been the case for any of you? So far so good here since I updated to 2.1....but it has only been a week.

-Eli , 80 hours up time w/ 2.1

tommyz

Reaction score
A couple of us speculated in this thread that this issue might get resolved with the 2.1 update.

Has that been the case for any of you? So far so good here since I updated to 2.1....but it has only been a week.

-Eli , 80 hours up time w/ 2.1

I still have an issue. It took 20 minutes to get a fix. Now I'm hoping someone at Verizon acknowledges the issue. I would rather not have to exchange the phone, but will if it comes down to that. What is the regular warrenty on the phone?

AlicynDrew

Reaction score
I just got the update to 2.1 a few weeks ago and the problem just started for me. I got in the car today and turned on the view map. I live in Northern VA, it had me running through the woods north of Dublin Ireland. I tried restarting, removing the battery, that just put me in Cleveland and then it stopped detecting GPS at all.
Later I started playing with the app task killer and found that if I killed the car dock mode that it would find me right away. If I put it back in the car dock I would wind up in Michigan or Connecticut.
I took it out of the car dock and killed the car dock app again, it was fine for a while. Then once I put it in the car dock it did it again.

It's frustrating because I do need the car dock to see the screen well. I also have a Mini Cooper with a really stiff suspension. I don't know if all that rattling around is causing part of the issue but I've had the phone a few months now and this is the first time it happened. It really seems like a bug.

tommyz

Reaction score
I just got the update to 2.1 a few weeks ago and the problem just started for me. I got in the car today and turned on the view map. I live in Northern VA, it had me running through the woods north of Dublin Ireland. I tried restarting, removing the battery, that just put me in Cleveland and then it stopped detecting GPS at all.
Later I started playing with the app task killer and found that if I killed the car dock mode that it would find me right away. If I put it back in the car dock I would wind up in Michigan or Connecticut.
I took it out of the car dock and killed the car dock app again, it was fine for a while. Then once I put it in the car dock it did it again.

It's frustrating because I do need the car dock to see the screen well. I also have a Mini Cooper with a really stiff suspension. I don't know if all that rattling around is causing part of the issue but I've had the phone a few months now and this is the first time it happened. It really seems like a bug.

I'm about ready to pull that magnet out of the car dock. The only thing holding me back is someone coming up with a better and more usefull "Car Dock Home Screen".

AlicynDrew

Reaction score
I've enjoyed the car dock up till now, but this issue that I hit today rendered it pretty much useless. I'm going to take a look at it and see if I can figure out where the magnet is.

thanks for mentioning it

rlb

Reaction score
I have had a 100% success rate at solving this problem by shutting down and restarting the phone without the battery pull. It seems to start to act up about once every 7-10 days.

Reboot has always worked for me too, though it tends to happen at the most inopportune times. I'd say about once a week is a good estimate...

Still having the issue with 2.1 also. I wish there was a definitive answer for this.

eliwellis

Reaction score
I wish there was a definitive answer for this.

I wish there was too. I'm still having the issue with 2.1 as well. I made it to 160 hours of up time the last time it buggered up.

I dont have a car dock, or any other kind of dock. So the issue for me is not related to docks or magnets.

Has anyone read any similar complaints from Nexus One users? or any other phones? Is this a hardware specific issue?

Bob_Stan

Reaction score
I had trouble getting any lock at all. I followed the suggestion of slowly rotating the phone three or four times on all three axis - and voila - synced right up.

rlb

Reaction score
I had trouble getting any lock at all. I followed the suggestion of slowly rotating the phone three or four times on all three axis - and voila - synced right up.

I will try that next time, seems like a quicker method than rebooting.

Does anyone else with this problem use Screebl?

tommyz

Reaction score

I will try that next time, seems like a quicker method than rebooting.

Does anyone else with this problem use Screebl?

I use Screebl, but I'm pretty sure this was happening before I installed Screebl.

So, Is anyone one having this problem and NOT have Screebl?