GPS Help!

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, so the other day I went by a verizon stop and talked to them about the problem. They said that the reason I'm having issues is because they are bringing 4g to my area and the work they are doing on the towers is causing some issues. They told me that I should download a gps app, who can recomend a good free one?
GPS Status is the best. You can see whats going on while your phone is trying to get a GPS lock. You can also refresh your A-GPS data which will help acquire a lock.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5lY2xpcHNpbS5ncHNzdGF0dXMyIl0.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

baboon619

Reaction score
I have GPS Status and another free app called Bearing. Both seem to kick the GPS into gear when I have problems with Maps getting a fix.

On the other note I will be trying the tape method cause I know I haves wear mark on my battery cover.

baboon619

Reaction score
Ok I'm a believer!!!
I always have problems getting a GPS fix in my driveway. Put a piece of tape over the wear mark on the battery cover and wham bam thank you ma'am I got a fix in 5 seconds! And its cloudy and raining!

Thank you to schatzy62 for posting that fix!

Last edited: