GPS Question

Bruiser616

Reaction score
Can someone point me to a tutorial on the GPS? I have the GPS status app but haven't found the functionality I expected. Maybe I am missing an app.

I sat outside my Verizon store on July 14th and waited till midnight when they put the X on sale for 1 hour. While I was waiting a corporate VZW guy walked through the line demonstrating the X. He pushed something I couldn't see through the crowd, spoke into the phone asking for the local mall and the phone popped up a map just like my Magellan GPS and had the route mapped out for him. Presumably it would guide him to the mall.

I am new to Droid as well as this is my first smart phone so I am figuring this out from scratch.

Can anyone point me to a link or app that will get that type of functionality for me?

Thanks!

ffej89

Reaction score
when you tap your search button a text screen will pop up. On this screen there should be a little mic, tap and it will prompt you to speak

hebertm1

Reaction score
Can someone point me to a tutorial on the GPS? I have the GPS status app but haven't found the functionality I expected. Maybe I am missing an app.

I sat outside my Verizon store on July 14th and waited till midnight when they put the X on sale for 1 hour. While I was waiting a corporate VZW guy walked through the line demonstrating the X. He pushed something I couldn't see through the crowd, spoke into the phone asking for the local mall and the phone popped up a map just like my Magellan GPS and had the route mapped out for him. Presumably it would guide him to the mall.

I am new to Droid as well as this is my first smart phone so I am figuring this out from scratch.

Can anyone point me to a link or app that will get that type of functionality for me?

Thanks!

In the apps, look for Car Dock. Open the app. Click on search. Say something like "Navigate to Sears in Oklahoma City" and it will take you there.