GPS Fix... how?

XanRules

Reaction score
As I'm sure a few people have noticed (this is apparently a known issue with CM7), the GPS either doesn't work or only works when it wants to. I can't turn it on with the power control widget or in the "settings" menu, but sometimes it turns itself on and won't turn off without a reboot.

Anyone figured out how to get this thing to work yet? It would make my travel much easier to have working GPS.

Thanks!

Micro23

Reaction score
Though it was just me so I didnt post. I find it turning itself on every now and then and I cant turn it off :)

I dont know if it's actually on or off.

On a similar note, my wireless seems to be dropping out quite often then I look and all of a sudden it pops on... strange...

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Reaction score
Yeah, same issues here. Apparently both are quite common with the 4G phones running CM7.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
it works with a restart everytime.. if i use it then turn if off it wont come back on without resetting the phone

thebird36

Reaction score
look up gps fix in the market that app has worked for me i havent tried it with cm74d2 but try it out and let me know what goes of it

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Reaction score
No dice. It says "GPS is disabled."

Bump?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't have any problems with GPS, haven't a single issue with it on my D2. I would not call it a known issue, it should just work, if not, something is crossed up...

Have you guys cleared data for GPS, and wiped data/cache in cw recovery?

Last edited:
OP
XanRules

XanRules

Reaction score
most recent update fixed it. :icon_ banana:

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Reaction score
I spoke too soon.
In addition, gmail occasionally won't send attachments and youtube frequently stops loading and FCs at 25% of each video.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I spoke too soon.
In addition, gmail occasionally won't send attachments and youtube frequently stops loading and FCs at 25% of each video.

Run fix permissions in ROM Manager, see if that helps....

If not I'd wipe data, something isn't right...