Gps either doesn't work or is way off?

ainzwurth

Reaction score
Anybody else having a problem with gps? Sometimes it is correct with maps sometimes it is off by over a mile. It is rarely correct when using in programs such as tasker . Any suggestions? It makes using location based tasks impossible. Worked fine until the middle of last week.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Scribble

Reaction score
Do you have all of the location tracking stuff turned on? Like by cell tower and wifi? It helps... Also sometimes the GPS needs to be recalibrated. I know you can get an ap that helps. Basically it just involves you twisting the phone around in a figure 8.

OP
A

ainzwurth

Reaction score
Forgot to add that. All location services are on. I will try to find the recalibration app

z96Cobra

Reaction score
That figure 8 recalibration process is for the compass, not GPS.

OP
A

ainzwurth

Reaction score
Found one that resets gps. Seems to be helping some. Ill see in a day or 2.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
If it's way off then something is definitely wrong. I use mine all the time and it works flawlessley. The tip of the arrow even rotates with me in my swivelly office chair, strangely entertaining...

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Just looked at Maps, turned satellite view on, estimating it put me within 10 feet of where I was sitting. Compass looks good as well.

While I was at it, decided to go outside and check out Google Sky, very cool app! Ended up downloading Sky Map Assistant as well.