Got my HTC Droid DNA

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Caesars said:
Seems like wifi/no data would be best to demonstrate battery as 4g is not constant.

Return of the Android

What? No that's no where near the best way to test battery cause that doesn't offer real world use. 90% of the people out there are connected to the network all day everyday either 3G or 4G.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
INCREMENTAL said:
What? No that's no where near the best way to test battery cause that doesn't offer real world use. 90% of the people out there are connected to the network all day everyday either 3G or 4G.

I agree with this. Efficiency in the radios and how the phone's software handles data hand offs is far more important than just hardware drain.

You can easily turn down your brightness or change gps on or off. You can't easily optimize the radio drivers.

wardo

Reaction score
Make it easy with the battery test.
Leave mobile data /4G on,
Screen at 100%
Background data and all that sync crap on.
What's the point of having a pocket computer if all this stuff is not working.
Screw all that turning stuff off nonsense.
I like my screen blazing like the sun. 4G Puling speeds like lighting and most of all, Internet ready to use at the drop of a hat.

tap a talka thingy

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Aright, so ive left the brightness on max, since i like to view this beautiful screen at its best, and with watching hd videos on youtube for half hour on 4g service, and using the phone all day surfing web texting, and on line with customer service for about 40 minutes, id say its doing well battery wise. By 2 am at night or morning however youd like to look at it, its at 20% charge now. Oh and also after surfing the web or watching the videos on youtube, the phone doesnt heat up like how all other phones i have just start heating up like crazy. Toward the 20 min mark it got a bit warm but nothing to notice at all. I guess the quad core actually works like how they said about the low voltage or whatever to use less power and less heat. So thats a plus. Again the LCD is beautiful, i love it. Phone runs great, no problems thus far. As far as data and voice on 4g, i dont know if voice is on 4g on this phone, but when im on the phone i am able to use the internet just fine.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Can you post screenshots of screen time?

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the running time, but im not sure if this is what you wanted, let me know. I couldnt find anything else as far as time count.

Screenshot_2012_11_17_04_36_10.png

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
here is a link to a video i put up showing the dual status LEDs

[video=youtube;eE3JNhmswOg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE3JNhmswOg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

2001400ex

Reaction score
Yes but when sitting on a desk at an angle can you see the one on the front? I can't see my tbolt unless I am looking right at it or its dark.

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
yea you can see the front one, i mean its not as big or bright as the back one, but you can see it at different angles. Once im able to take this apart id definitely look into seeing if it has room and is possible to add a row of LEDs under the grill to have a line of leds light up for notification, make it more noticable. I guess im just bored.

2001400ex

Reaction score
yea you can see the front one, i mean its not as big or bright as the back one, but you can see it at different angles. Once im able to take this apart id definitely look into seeing if it has room and is possible to add a row of LEDs under the grill to have a line of leds light up for notification, make it more noticable. I guess im just bored.

Lol yeah you could sell that led idea. But thanks for the response.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the running time, but im not sure if this is what you wanted, let me know. I couldnt find anything else as far as time count.

Screenshot_2012_11_17_04_36_10.png
Yes, but you're on WiFi. There's a big difference between being on mobile data and being on WiFi.

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Like ive said before, when im not home its never on wifi its on 4G, but at the END of the day when i get home, im on WIFI because i have no coverage for data in my area. No 3g and no 4g. Also when i am not home wifi is left ON even though i dont connect to any networks and just use 4G so that should even drain more battery leaving it on and not using it either. So 95% of the day when i was not home, i used 4G in the city, and when i got home and got on the computer to post on the forums, i was on wifi. Hope that helps clarify.

ItzMar

Reaction score
I'd like to know what the speaker sounds like when viewing video on say YouTube. I find it a bit odd having the speaker on the back of a device.

Psykho

Reaction score
ItzMar said:
I'd like to know what the speaker sounds like when viewing video on say YouTube. I find it a bit odd having the speaker on the back of a device.

Odd? The speaker is on the back of most smartphones...