Got my droid razr maxx today, can you please help me turn stuff off on this phone!!!

ngt

Reaction score
how do I turn off the connectivity of something?

What processes can I turn off out of this list and how do I keep them off? This is the MAXX and my battery is draining fast. I'd like to just turn stuff off.

1: "Mail" (1 process and 2 sevices)

I'd only like the yahoo mail app working when I check my email. No other "mail" needed. How do I turn this off?

2: Google services (what is this?)

3: Sync Service (1 process and 1 service) What is this? do I need it?

4: weather (I dont want "weather" constantly running when I can just check a weather app when I need it. )

5: IM (I want it off completely, don't ever use IM...HOW?)

6: Media (1 process and 1 service) what is it and do I need this on? If not, how can I get rid of it? I don't stream video or need any "media" stuff running unless I open something and look at a picture etc..

7: blue tooth share (1 process and 1 service) I don't even have bluetooth on, I don't know where this is coming from and would love to turn this off

8: verizon location agent (I want all location and gps OFF please :) )

9: backup assistant....what is this and do I need it??

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the RAZR will and won't let you freeze. I wouldn't get rid of my backup assistant. It keeps your contacts backed up daily, weekly, whatever on your Verizon account.

As to the rest, check in the RAZR forum to see the easiest way to do this. Again, I don't know what that phone will let you freeze and which you will have to root to freeze.

2,3, and 6 you definitely need to hold on to.