Got Droid X today! First smartphone! Bit overwhelmed

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've got Android SDK installed and running.

I've also downloaded the Droid2Root rar. It makes sense how I'll push certain files to the device, then get into shell and execute the binary that will, presumably, mke the changes to the Droid OS using those files I've pushed to the device. But I have a more fundamental problem

I'm not sure how to connect it to the Device. The guides I'm finding out there all seem to be for Windows, I'm running Mac OSX 10.6. So as of now, I still can't see my device when executing the adb devices command. Any pointers?

Is there a guide for me?

Jz.

Not sure sorry. Wish i could be of More Help.

zuckerj

Reaction score
Ok, I think I know what the problem is. I have EasyTether installed and apparently I need to

kextunload EasyTetherUSBEthernet.kext

I'm guessing this is holding my USB connection hostage waiting for me to connect the Droid up running EasyTether.

I'm just not sure how I'm supposed to execute this command. I try and it says it can't find the bundle (apparently looking in my pwd for the file). I searched my HD and I can't find that file anywhere. Anyone have any ideas? (I have an inquiry in for support at EasyTether).

Also, is there a reliable Wifi Tether app working on rooted 2.2 devices?

Jz.

zuckerj

Reaction score
Got it figured out.

In case anyone else is dealing with this the command is:

sudo kextunload -v /System/Library/Extensions/EasyTetherUSBEthernet.kext

That unloads the EasyTether.

So now I can FINALLY see my device.

Officially Rooted. Wow, that was an adventure.

Now I just need to know about the best Wifi Tether APP.

OP
Freezetron

Freezetron

Reaction score
No one answered my question in regards to how to close browser windows instead of having to bring up the options menu and close them that way.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No one answered my question in regards to how to close browser windows instead of having to bring up the options menu and close them that way.

As far as I know that's the only way to do it on the stock browser but like I said you can pick up dolphin browser hd from the marketplace. It has that and many other options and is overall superior imo

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

joeshell20

Reaction score
Mozzila does have a mobile browser. Search firefox in market, it will download a program with links to download the apk.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jen7724

Reaction score
Love dolphin hd! It has a simple exit button to close all your tabs and clears history and cache on exit if set that way. Also has custom colors for you browser that can be set.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App