GoSMS Pro - No notification sound when screen off??

psxchelly

Reaction score
Hello. I am new here. I just bought droid 4 and was happy with GoSMS on my Droid 1, so re downloaded it. I am almost sure i have the correct settings, but I wanted to message here to find out why I DO NOT get any notification sounds when my screen is off and locked.

I have individual notification sounds for certain people and I have recently noticed that i get messages but no notification sounds.

Can anyone suggest setting i can check on both the app *and the droid to make sure i have everything turned on that i need on?

thank you for your help.
-M

Brian1

Reaction score
You run the test notification it works fine but not with screen off. With the screen on send yourself a text. Does it work that way. Brian

OP
P

psxchelly

Reaction score
I just told a friend to wait 1 min then text me. I locked the screen, then pushed the button on top and turned the screen off. No notification sound.

When I text'd myself, DID NOT close goSMS and hurried up and pushed the button to turn off the screen, I did get a notification sound, and it turned on the screen...

I think that it might have something to do with the pattern i use to unlock the phone... because when i hurried up and turned off the screen and i got the txt from myself, i did not have to use the pattern to access the phone.

copperfinger

Reaction score
I had this problem as well. What I did to fix the issue is change the ringtone in the gosms settings. Don't use default, or system, but pick an option that allows you to pick your tone, either music or the other one. I picked music, and it works. Let me know if it works for you.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums