Gorilla Glass?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's cool. I don't know about yours but my OG Droid's (always been naked) case is beat to hell. It's been dropped and lived in my pocket or a holster for its whole life. There are scuffs and dings on every side of the phone....and my screen is PERFECT. When I clean it, it looks like the day it came out of the box. I will never own another phone without Gorilla Glass. I understand your need for confirmation.

Same...D1 and D2...never covered, the ONLY part that has any marks are the case, glass is flawless. Wish I was made of gorilla glass.... ;)

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
+1 on loving Corning's Gorilla Glass. My D1 is beat to hell, but the screen is in perfect condition. I too will not be buying a cell phone without this glass every again.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
If you can't tell its gorilla glass, then it doesn't make much of a difference whether you have it or not.

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
It's cool. I don't know about yours but my OG Droid's (always been naked) case is beat to hell. It's been dropped and lived in my pocket or a holster for its whole life. There are scuffs and dings on every side of the phone....and my screen is PERFECT. When I clean it, it looks like the day it came out of the box. I will never own another phone without Gorilla Glass. I understand your need for confirmation.

+1000 on this. My D1 is beat to hell, but the screen is beautiful. I hate cases, but without fail I always drop a new phone within a week. So my DX2 has a soft rubbery case on it, but the screen is naked now :)

GDP

Reaction score
The Fascinate is apparently Gorilla Glass, and mine has scratches all over the screen. They aren't big, but you can tell they are there. I'm not even sure where they came from because I am very careful with my phone. It's almost like they just came from dragging my finger across the screen (maybe a piece of sand got under it?). Either way I am not sold on Gorilla Glass, so I still use a screen protector now.

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
The Fascinate is apparently Gorilla Glass, and mine has scratches all over the screen. They aren't big, but you can tell they are there. I'm not even sure where they came from because I am very careful with my phone. It's almost like they just came from dragging my finger across the screen (maybe a piece of sand got under it?). Either way I am not sold on Gorilla Glass, so I still use a screen protector now.

That sucks. When I get a couple of drinks in me, I would take a key to my D1. Scratch/Beat/Stab - you name it. Not a SINGLE scratch :)

scubasteve101

Reaction score
My D1 has never had a case and the body is all beat up but there isn't one scratch on the screen. I love it

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
Quick question.. Does the Droid Bionic come with the newest version of Gorilla Glass? If so, probably wouldn't need a screen protector right?

Thanks

chris420o

Reaction score
just be careful guys....i NEVER broke a phone screen in my life n right now i have a broken bionic screen lol but its bc of a drunken drop right on the corner of the phone cracked the screen...very sad droid user right now but my girl at costco is gonna hook it up n give me a new one for nothing friday when they get a shipment

BigZig

Reaction score
Same Here never had screen protector on my OG and i would throw that thing around, have it in my pocket with keys and never had one scratch on the screen.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
just be careful guys....i NEVER broke a phone screen in my life n right now i have a broken bionic screen lol but its bc of a drunken drop right on the corner of the phone cracked the screen...very sad droid user right now but my girl at costco is gonna hook it up n give me a new one for nothing friday when they get a shipment

Dropping it will break. Gorilla glass is designed to resist scratches not base jumps from your hands.

BigZig

Reaction score

Gorilla Glass it to protect against scratches not droping the phone and cracking the screen. Did you have a case on the phone?