Google's Nexus Unveiling (including the Nexus 9) Might be on October 8th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-9-mockup-image-leak.png
Image courtesy of older AndroidPolice rumor.

According to the latest intel, the HTC-made Nexus 9 tablet is likely to be announced on October 8th. Since it is 99% likely that Google will announce all of the new Nexus devices together, then by extension, we can surmise that Android L and the Nexus devices will arrive on that date. Of course, that is assuming that this intel is correct, of course.

If this leak turns out to be correct, then here are some other juicy details to go along with it worth mentioning. First, there could be two versions of the Nexus 9 tablet. One will have 3GB of RAM while the other will have 4GB of RAM (to better showcase Android L's 64-bit capabilities. Both versions will sport the NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor (which has been crushing all competitors in leaked benchmarks).

The tab will supposedly also include a 9" 1080p display, 16 GB of storage, and a microSD slot for expansion with up to 128 GB more (that would be a welcome surprise for a Nexus device). The most intriguing detail which we haven't heard before is that this new Nexus 9 tablet will also include a "tube-shaped" waterproof camera with a 16 MP sensor. It will have wireless connectivity, and you can control it with your mobile device via an app.

It is unclear if this will be included with the Nexus 9 or if it will simply be a separate accessory announced at the same time. We will keep an eye out for more intel.

Source: PhoneArena

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Here are the specs for nexus x

Specifications

Brand Motorola
Model Nexus 6
OS Android 5 (Lollipop)
SIM Micro
Processor 3 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Processor
RAM 3 GB
Internal Memory 16 GB and 32 GB
Display 5.2 inch, IPS LCD, 450 ppi, Multi-touch
Protection Corning Glass 3
Camera 13 megapixel with Auto-Focus
Front Camera 5 megapixel
Flash Dual LED
Video HD recording with HDR and digital zoom
Battery 3,100 mAh, Lithium Polymer
Connectivity 2G, 3G, 4G and LTE
Wi-FI Wi-Fi 802.11, a/ac/b/g/n, Mobile Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct
Bluetooth Version 4
GPS A-GPS
USB Micro-USB 2.0
NFC Yes

boidsonly

Reaction score
I'll sell my Note 3 and get this if it does come to VZW...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll sell my Note 3 and get this if it does come to VZW...
Don't hold your breath Verizon is not allowing the moto x pure so highly doubt you going to see another nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Briankbl

Reaction score
Never going to happen. Google loathes VZ.

Sent from my Note 3, using magic ...
It's incredibly sad and depressing that the cell company with the best network won't allow the Nexus line on their service. I don't get Sprint or T-Mobile where I live, only Verizon :-(