Google's Motorola Nexus 6 Quick Detail Summary

techinv

Reaction score
Unless it's just a mistake on Moto's site, I'm guessing the reason for the omission is that Google wants to play up the rapid charging capabilities. Wireless charging in its current form is far from rapid, so they may just be trying to prevent any confusion that many consumers might have with the two.

I'm thinking that both Google and Motorola will be playing up the rapid charging capability. I agree that wireless is not quick, but I've gotten used to ease of use of it. With that being said, I'll still be interested in hearing what the "real world" charging time will be to fully charge the battery with the rapid charger. I'll also be very interested to see if the rapid charger comes with the device as "standard" or if we'll be paying $25-$50 (or more!!) for the privilege.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Rapid charger should charge from empty to full in about 90 minutes. I still prefer tylt charger overnight next to bed.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Rapid charger should charge from empty to full in about 90 minutes. I still prefer tylt charger overnight next to bed.
Yes, especially if you want the battery to last a long time.