Google Will Have More Nexus 6 Units Available Each Wednesday

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus6-hero-image.jpeg

I was one of the thousands that took a break last week to sit by my computer and relentlessly press f5 hoping to grab a Nexus 6 preorder from the Play Store. When I saw the preorders were still not available at 11:00 i assumed I should check back at 12:00. I proceeded to go and get lunch and then checked around 11:45 just in case and was shocked to find that they were completely sold out! It turns out they sold out of all available devices in minutes. Some people I know actually were able to get theirs preordered. I just assumed that Id be out of luck until release day.

Google has announced that they will be making more units available on Wednesdays. That is pretty vague so it looks like we may be in the same boat. Hopefully they will have more available each Wednesday and won't sell out instantly. They have also stated that if you still can't get in on a preorder devices will be available for AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and US Cellular stores later in November. This also seems to confirm that Verizon will be late to the game. Who knows if Verizon will even officially carry the device. If they don't you will just have to grab the Nexus 6 on the Play Store. Google has confirmed that Play Store Nexus 6's will be compatible with Verizon.

Via Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cr6

boidsonly

Reaction score
Hmm, noticed VZW was not on the list below. Is that because VZW will load their usual bloat on it before releasing it? I hope not...

"The Nexus 6 will also be available in AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and U.S. Cellular stores later in November. Please check with your local carrier store for more information.".

HNettles

Reaction score
Hmmm... One of the main reasons for buying a Nexus phone is to have the latest version of the OS as soon as Google releases it. If Verizon is going to lag behind everyone else, then I am much less inclined to buy this phone. I think I will just go with the Note 4.