Google Wave invite to anyone who can sync my Exchange!

svnoto

Reaction score
Just as the subject line says... I am at my wits end trying to get my work email to sync.

We are running SBS 2008 with Exchange 2007 and I cannot, for the life of me, get my exchange box to sync.

I've tried the domain name access, the IP address path access, the EXACT path our Blackberry BIS was using to connect and so far, only the blank screen and the spinning waiting circle.

I have full admin access to our exchange and sbs and have already installed a separate policy for "droid users" that disables the pin, allows full active sync, etc.

PLEASE HELP!!!

OP
S

svnoto

Reaction score
No error message. It just sits there spinning and spinning. Going on about 2 hours now.

Stigy

Reaction score
Does anyone else in your organization use a mobile device with the Exchange server?

Windows Mobile, iPhone, Android...?

Would be helpful if you could copy their settings.

OP
S

svnoto

Reaction score
Yes, we have a blackberry using BIS. I have copied their login info to the T and still cannot connect. Its really driving me nuts...

**I've seen some people having success by checking/unchecking the "accept all SSL/Certs" box... Where is that box located?

Last edited:

atlharry

Reaction score
you have outlook web access via https? Configuring the droid connect to to that address (without the /owa)?

atlharry

Reaction score
Also, are you logging in with <DOMAIN NETBOIS NAME>\<USERNAME>? Try unchecking the "Use secure connection (SSL)" option. Account Settings -> Incoming Settings.

Stigy

Reaction score
Yes, we have a blackberry using BIS. I have copied their login info to the T and still cannot connect. Its really driving me nuts...

**I've seen some people having success by checking/unchecking the "accept all SSL/Certs" box... Where is that box located?
Is your BIS located on your Exchange Server? Most companies have dedicated servers for BIS...

BTW uncheck the SSL option and see if it works.

s-one

Reaction score
Have you tried using \username as your login id instead of domain\username ?

Another thing to check is your webserver's Event Viewer log to see if its writing an event there. Also in your webserver IIS logs located in C:\windows\system32\logfiles it will tell you what's going on with access. Ie http error 200 (authenticated), 401 (not a valid page) 500 (prob with creditials) etc....

Wave me pweaaase! :)

OP
S

svnoto

Reaction score
Stigy, BIS is housed by Blackberry, BES is when the server hosts the actual service.

I have tried the blackberry settings, the OWA webmail settings, /username, domain/username and without SSL (I am positive we have SSL disabled).

I am really at my wits end here. I've already triple-checked the PIN/wipe disablement and have my mobile policy as lax as they come.

R2Droid2

Reaction score
I tried every possible combination as well--just about drove me nuts. Never had any issues with my blackberry, but the Droid just wouldn't sync. I'm running SBS 2003 with Exchange, but I think it is the same problem you are experiencing. My IT guy needed to download an optional update on the server. It looks like .NET Framework needed a few updates and Service Pack. It appears Android 2.0 doesn't fully support ActiveSync provisioning. You will need to lower the security settings a bit to allow the Droid to sync; something along the lines of "Allow Non Provisional Devices". Once this was done I had absolutely no problems syncing both email and calendar (never attempted contacts). If this isn't an option for you, I'd bet if you wait until the upcoming OTA update this will be fixed on its own. This is similar to when the Palm Pre came out. It wouldn't sync with exchange at normal security settings until Palm issued an update. Hope this helps!

OP
S

svnoto

Reaction score
Allow non-provisional devices has been checked already!

Its so frustrating because I've read these (and other) forums ad-nauseum and can't make heads or tails of this problem.

What is confusing me is regardless of if I enter domain/username vs. /username or webportal vs. BIS settings, I never get an error message.

All of my attempts just yield that damn blank screen with the circle indicator.

s-one

Reaction score
svnoto not sure if its a typo in your post but your forward slash should be a backslash. \

Also droids use no encryption so in device secrurity you should exclude your username. Also make sure you have activesync access enabled in your user account in active directory.