Google Watch - The FUTURE of Smartwatches?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So the long rumored Google Watch might finally be real?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's hilariously sad that androidwear watches STILL only have 4GB of storage (actually more like 1.9 GB). Simply pathetic.

An upgraded processor and ram should help any remaining lag issues. The most interesting thing about that video was the band and clasp - it's otherwise hard to get the best fit for the heart rate sensor (and whatever gimmick drives Apple's EKG reading).

But to be successful I think Google needs to roll this out with some killer health feature. They won't, of course.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
True, good points. And they also better not roll it out priced liked an Apple Watch. With so many other Android Wear watches on the market from well known watch makers, they better release this thing priced very competitively, other wise it's not going to gain interest in a crowded field. But knowing Google they will try to price it like an Apple Watch because this is a Pixel Watch and folks aren't gonna want to spend that much.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
True, good points. And they also better not roll it out priced liked an Apple Watch.

A killer feature would be to license some classic watchfaces from luxury brands like Rolex, TAG, etc....Yeah, I doubt those brands would have any interest, but I don't it would hurt their brand or cost them sales (probably help sales, in the long-run).

I also wonder, if we can have a camera underneath the screen, if there's a future where an "invisible" crystal/touchscreen sits overtop a physical watch dial. That means putting the smart "guts" in the band, but that's already possible.

Gew

Reaction score
I could really see myself putting on a Google Watch. If the price is right, that is.

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A5010 via Tapatalk