Google Voice...what phone number?

eversonsc

Reaction score
So I have the google voice app on my droid and I have a google voice number. My question is this....Everytime I make a call with google voice it calls a google number to route the call. Is that the number that will show up on my phone bill every month when I make a call through google voice?

I'm curious because I don't want to get charged minutes for calling that number if I am calling a number on my friends and family list. Also I am thinking of switching to sprint and get the EVO 4G on June 4th and you can call any mobile anytime with Sprint and I wouldn't want to get charged to call the google number if I am calling a mobile number.

Anybody have some info for me?

spartanstew

Reaction score
Sometimes it shows my Google Voice number on my bill and sometimes it shows a different number (Austin, TX area code). I have them both in my friends and favorites.

OP
eversonsc

eversonsc

Reaction score
I made a call a while ago and just checked online and it shows the google number that it calls before routing the call. I guess using google voice when I switch to sprint won't work since I will be charged for every call

thecrazing

Reaction score
Well, you could add the google voice number to your friends and family, but I don't know about the Sprint plan.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is that the number that will show up on my phone bill every month when I make a call through google voice?
Yup. Definitely add it to F&F. Be aware that it can change (though mine has not so far).

I'm curious because I don't want to get charged minutes for calling that number if I am calling a number on my friends and family list.
If you're using GV for all outbound calls then the people on your F&F list effectively only count for incoming calls.

I guess using google voice when I switch to sprint won't work since I will be charged for every call
Don't they have the "everything" plans that they tout so much in their TV ads?