Google Voice SMS Issue

natty_lite

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out why GV forwards a SMS to your default messaging application whenever someone text your GV number? I'm starting to smell Verizon conspiracy, because I know for a fact this did not happen on my G1 or Hero.

DroidFan

Reaction score
Do you have the forwarding on your GV SMS option checked? You'll have to log on to the GV account on the web and check. I also use GV SMS, and none of my SMS's get forwarded to my VZW SMS... but I know I have that option unchecked.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You definitely have SMS forwarding enabled. Check your GV settings. IIRC you need to do this via the GV web interface. It's covered in many, many threads. Please use the search feature.

gatorbait

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out why GV forwards a SMS to your default messaging application whenever someone text your GV number? I'm starting to smell Verizon conspiracy, because I know for a fact this did not happen on my G1 or Hero.

Like the poster above me said, it is a setting in Google Voice that needs to be disabled. Presumably it is there for GV users who have phones without a GV app.

OP
natty_lite

natty_lite

Reaction score
Of course it is unchecked, hence my conundrum.. If it was that simple this thread would not exist.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Of course it is unchecked, hence my conundrum.. If it was that simple this thread would not exist.

So when you log into GV, go to settings, then phones. Select your mobile phone and edit. Where it says receive sms on this phone (mobile phones only) is unchecked?

OP
natty_lite

natty_lite

Reaction score
Ok, I will say that I officially stand corrected. I was wrong. Every thing that I reference referred to voiemail/sms tab, and not the edit mobile number option itself. I set mine to just shoot me an e-mail when a text comes so I can turn off the notifications.

Thank you, and sorry the snide remark.