Google Voice setup problems

Beardface

Reaction score
I signed up for a GV account long ago and just got the invite today. So I went and set up everything online and I'm in the account, but when I go to set it up on the Droid, I can't get past the PIN screen.

I'm using the same PIN numbers that I set up online. I even reset them and immediately entered that on the phone once it was saved but am getting a
"We have a problem
Your phone number could not be verified. Please try again"

I have been doing this with both 3G and Wifi, sitting within 5 feet of the Wifi receiver, so its not that I don't have a connection. What is wrong?!

OP
Beardface

Beardface

Reaction score
Its the 3rd screen I see...

Choose an Account
Set up Google Voice
Set up a voicemail PIN

thing is, I already set it up online!

OP
Beardface

Beardface

Reaction score
Nevermind, I got it set up...

Finally... had to jump through hoops, but it worked

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Would help to post details for anyone else in the future who might run into the same issue. That is, assuming that anyone ever bothers to search.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Would help to post details for anyone else in the future who might run into the same issue. That is, assuming that anyone ever bothers to search.

Yeah, don't think I ever set-up a pin. Just have my gmail as my sign-in

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I signed up for a GV account long ago and just got the invite today. So I went and set up everything online and I'm in the account, but when I go to set it up on the Droid, I can't get past the PIN screen.

I'm using the same PIN numbers that I set up online. I even reset them and immediately entered that on the phone once it was saved but am getting a
"We have a problem
Your phone number could not be verified. Please try again"

I have been doing this with both 3G and Wifi, sitting within 5 feet of the Wifi receiver, so its not that I don't have a connection. What is wrong?!

I had the same issue a few days ago when setting google voice up and I found a thread that said to :
Under the account screen create a new account the same as the one you signed up with and it will work.

Must be a bug in the setup. worked for me.

OP
Beardface

Beardface

Reaction score
Sure, of course

When I went to set up the phone, I did everything online and activated the account on there to get it started. When I went into the application to sync it up, one of the first pages I went to said 'Choose an Account' and it listed the 2 gmail accounts I have. I only got access to one of them for gvoice, so I chose that one. It started going through the process again as if I was trying to set up the account once again.

No, that is now what needed to happen. I needed to press the 'Choose Another Account' button below those and sign in using the email and pass I had already registered online. What made it confusing was that the user i.d. i had to input was one of the ones that was listed on the previous screen.

Anyway, its up and running now. Just a bit of a confusing process, thats all.

sassykolee

Reaction score
Need help

I follow your instruction but it still wants a pin and I can't seem to get past that screen. It won't except my pin number. Any suggestions?
Diane