Google Voice Search stopped recognizing contacts!!

dmarz45

Reaction score
I just got a Droid X a few days ago and the Google Voice feature was working awesome!! It worked almost flawlessly. All of a sudden yesterday, when I say for example: "text Kelly" it will put Kelly in the message field and not the contact field. If I click the "to:" field and then press the microphone and say "Kelly" THEN it will recognize the contact. Same goes for emails!! Also when I say "Call Kelly" it wont recognize Kelly as one of my contacts and it will start dialing some random business. I really want it to work the way it used to. THIS WAS THE BEST FEATURE OF THE PHONE and now it just stopped working right!! I've read that some people are also having the same issue. It has to be something to do with a recent update to the program maybe? It was working fine, and then all of a sudden it just stopped working right.

NOTE: I searched this forum as well as some others for answers and I tried resyncing my contacts and also exporting the contacts and re-importing them in my gmail account and NO DICE!!!

OP
D

dmarz45

Reaction score
haha it seemed that it just fixed itself!! Now all of a sudden it works like a charm again! Thank god!!!

Last edited: