Search Contacts/voice dialing Problem

Bmr23

Reaction score
when I first got my Droid, I often used the voice dial feature by long pressing the search button at the bottom right, saying the name of who I wanted to call, and it would bring up suggestions or just dial if it was an exact match. This feature has now stopped working and whenever I use it, it seems that it only does a "Google" search of the internet but will not search my address book. Any suggestions?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
when I first got my Droid, I often used the voice dial feature by long pressing the search button at the bottom right, saying the name of who I wanted to call, and it would bring up suggestions or just dial if it was an exact match. This feature has now stopped working and whenever I use it, it seems that it only does a "Google" search of the internet but will not search my address book. Any suggestions?

:welcome: to the forum. This is exactly how I do it too and I've never had an issue. As you probably know, voice dial doesn't work well.

When is the last time you reset your phone? If it's been a while give that a try and see if that works.

OP
B

Bmr23

Reaction score
resetting phone?

Do you mean just by removing teh battery? I have tried that also.