Google Voice Search Force Closing

Les_Grossman

Reaction score
Anyone had any issues with Google voice search force closing?

The message is referencing Process.com.google.android.voice search.

I am newly rooted and have Titanium Backup running with some frozen apps, but none having to do with voice.

Could I have frozen something else that's affecting it? I have cleared them cache and updated the app. Should I try to find an apk and replace the file?

TeeX

Reaction score
did you freeze or remove the stock browser?

Calla969

Reaction score
Having the same problem. I backed up using titanium backup and froze the stock browser for a couple days. I didn't notice any issues so I uninstalled it. Now voice search FCs and I can't reinstall the browser. I've obtained the apk and odex files, moved them into system/application, changed permissions, and rebooted. Nothing I do seems to work. I thought that making a TI backup would protect me, but it seems completely useless for system apps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
L

Les_Grossman

Reaction score
Thanks, TeeX

Unfroze the stock browser and all is right. I have rooted before on older phones, but am obviously still learning on this. Looked around and did research, but missed on this. Appreciate the assist, sir.

TeeX

Reaction score
Unfroze the stock browser and all is right. I have rooted before on older phones, but am obviously still learning on this. Looked around and did research, but missed on this. Appreciate the assist, sir.

no problem! Glad it fixed your problem :)

Ajvdub

Reaction score
no problem! Glad it fixed your problem :)

I'm having an issue with the search bar and browser widget freezing, no response to touch, can't move them, nothing. Not rooted. Please help