Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Or just goto google.....

Twist747

Reaction score
I have just signed up for my second number (1-home, 2-work). When I put in my cell number, my number was automatically unregistered from my first account.

Is this a limitation? Can you only have one Google Voice number that forwards to a cell phone? Is there a work around?

Mule65

Reaction score
Does it matter if your Google Voice number area code isn't near you?

SoDroid

Reaction score
I love google voice, I just wish I knew a way to turn off the notifications i get from them via e-mail and text message, and only receive it from the application. Everytime I get a voice mail I hear Da-da-da droiiiiiiiidd because of mutliple notifications lol

^^ Completely agree! I get a total of 3 notifications per voicemail. One from GV, one from text, and one from email. Entirely too much.
Go to the GV website & login to your account. Go to settings then voicemail & text then the 3rd section down looks like this:
Voicemail Notifications Alert me when I have new voicemails
Email the message to: [email protected] Add a new email address
Send a text (SMS) message to:
Mobile Add a new mobile phone

Thanks for this! I had no idea we could access GV from a website.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah i uninstalled and redownloaded, but i still dont get any options at all to like send a message, i go straight to inbox which is empty
Access the menu and choose Compose.

Well to clarify my frustrations, there were times I would get a missed call, and then a full 24 hours later receive a notification that I had a new voice mail.
When did you try it? I haven't had any such issues since they updated with sync some time ago. I've really had nothing but good experiences with GV.

Only if it matters to you.

I use it all the time to send & receive SMS from my PC. Can't beat a IBM Model M for typing IMO. Also great for placing calls. There's quite a bit you can do via your PC (including many more settings, etc).

Last edited:

mikes

Reaction score
No, and in some ways, that may be better. Inter-LATA long distance calls are almost always cheaper than intra-LATA ones, so it may be cheaper for more of your contacts when calling you.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
According to Droid-Life google voice is now available to anyone, no longer do you need an invite.
Missed the thread title and the very first post, didn't you?:icon_ poke:

haha good one mikes, nah i didnt see the thread on the front page and being so excited I just posted the new thread so they moved my thread over to this one ;) hard to pay attention to all this good news between google voice and slingplayer all in a 24 hour window.

mikes

Reaction score
How did you manage to sign up in the first place? The invite sends you to the google voice web page to sign up!

SoDroid

Reaction score
How did you manage to sign up in the first place? The invite sends you to the google voice web page to sign up!

I barely remember going to a website for the initial set up, then I DLed the app for my Droid and have managed GV from there ever since. Stupid assumption but I assumed I could perform the same tasks from the app.

Rodvette23

Reaction score
Thank you from me too, I was looking through the website to change my settings but I couldn't find it. Thanks for the help :)

noorigin

Reaction score
Well to clarify my frustrations, there were times I would get a missed call, and then a full 24 hours later receive a notification that I had a new voice mail.

yea, there are still sync issues for me as well. just got a voicmail from my boss that he left yesterday!!! im pissed!!!!

papy72

Reaction score

papy72

Reaction score
The only problem I have with GV is that it's accessible to everyone now! :)

No, seriously. I put in for an invite back in January (didn't even own my droid yet!) and promptly forgot about it. Last week I get the welcome email and I think "wow, I'm part of the priviliged elite now!".

Aaaaand they open it up to the public a few days after that. Thanks for taking the wind out of my sails Google! :icon_evil: :icon_evil: