Google voice for everyone

badz

Reaction score
I've had terrible experiences with the beta. So much so that just the other day I switched back to Verizon's stock vmail.

Rodvette23

Reaction score
I love google voice, I just wish I knew a way to turn off the notifications i get from them via e-mail and text message, and only receive it from the application. Everytime I get a voice mail I hear Da-da-da droiiiiiiiidd because of mutliple notifications lol

SoDroid

Reaction score
I love google voice, I just wish I knew a way to turn off the notifications i get from them via e-mail and text message, and only receive it from the application. Everytime I get a voice mail I hear Da-da-da droiiiiiiiidd because of mutliple notifications lol

^^ Completely agree! I get a total of 3 notifications per voicemail. One from GV, one from text, and one from email. Entirely too much.

JoeeDB

Reaction score
You can turn all that off in the website you go to from your computer.

JoeeDB

Reaction score

^^ Completely agree! I get a total of 3 notifications per voicemail. One from GV, one from text, and one from email. Entirely too much.
Go to the GV website & login to your account. Go to settings then voicemail & text then the 3rd section down looks like this:
Voicemail Notifications Alert me when I have new voicemails
Email the message to: [email protected] Add a new email address
Send a text (SMS) message to:
Mobile Add a new mobile phone

cromo8

Reaction score
i dont even know how to see my google voice number or how to send a message, i dont even have an icon for the app form the market, any help?

dyrelogan

Reaction score
I tried out Google Voice on my Eris and it kept telling me that it couldn't verify my phone number after I created a password. So I deleted it from off my phone. Sent a support question and got no word back. So I am sticking with YouMail. It's free. It works. I'm happy.

cromo8

Reaction score
i dont even know how to see my google voice number or how to send a message, i dont even have an icon for the app form the market, any help?
theres an app called google voice in market

yeah i uninstalled and redownloaded, but i still dont get any options at all to like send a message, i go straight to inbox which is empty

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
this is awesome ive been using it for quite some time now from back when it was called grand central a few years ago and now its google voice..

never had a single complaint about it worked flawlessly with my blackberry and have been using it on my droid since november.

badz

Reaction score
Well to clarify my frustrations, there were times I would get a missed call, and then a full 24 hours later receive a notification that I had a new voice mail. That was what put me over the edge and forced me to change back to verizon.

When a guy is job searching and might have a time critical voicemail from a potential employer, but they simply don't know because gvoice is taking its time, that is a big no-can-do for me.

The other features it brought to the table were okay. Great in theory and I'm sure once it is out of beta it will be good to have, but the timeliness was what definitely killed me.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
this is awesome ive been using it for quite some time now from back when it was called grand central a few years ago and now its google voice..

never had a single complaint about it worked flawlessly with my blackberry and have been using it on my droid since november.

ditto (except for the grand central)... i do get an occasional chopped up transcription, but other than that it's been very nice