Google voice...can't verify #

jakegsxr11

Reaction score
I just downloaded google voice and during the set up process it asks to enter a voice mail pin. I enter the pin and it then proceeds to "verify phone number". This process keeps failing at this point, it says it cannot verify my phone number. Has anyone run in to this before? Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
I found this on the Google Voice help site:
++++++++++
to get the phone number verified do the following.. - click on verify number - if it gives the we had an error message, that's fine
- click sign out, or cancel.. then close that tab in your browser...
- wait about 2-5 minutes...
- go back to the Google voice sign up, and click verify ( this time it should go straight to verify option )..
- should hang on the verifying...... and then your phone should ring in about 30 seconds to 2 minutes later... and your done..

the delay is because Google voice is trying to register your phone number, and then set up the forwarding option at the same time...
++++++++++
When entering the number, make sure you are using all 10 digits (area code + number). That is another issue I see in the help pages.

OP
J

jakegsxr11

Reaction score
Thanks....i got it set up, i didnt realize i had to go on the internet. I was trying to do everything through the app on my phone.

OP
J

jakegsxr11

Reaction score
Ok now that it is set up I got my first voicemail. I was notified 3 times! Once throught text message, once through gmail, and once through google voice. Text & gmail had the transcript only, voice only had the audio. I would really only like to be notified through voice but would like the transcript included also. Is there a way to do this? If not I suppose I would only like to be notified via text. Can someone help me with the settings?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk