Google Voice calling.

iWordplay

Reaction score
Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I use Google Voice to make calls from my D1?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I use Google Voice to make calls from my D1?

When you go to Google Voice on your phone press settings and you should see a choice for making calls. Use Google Voice Always, Ask each time, and Never use Google Voice.

OP
I

iWordplay

Reaction score
My only options are; use for international calls, never use for calls, or ask when making international calls. I'm in Hawaii of that makes a difference.

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
I have the same problem...I think you have to have a google phone number for it to work. Haven't been able to figure out how exactly to get one though...I keep seeing references to a invite, but have no clue how to get one yet. Not really that important to me, so I haven't really gave it a lot of effort....

decalex

Reaction score
Iwordplay: do u have w google voice account? If so, u should yacw more options in the googje voice settings.

You should be able to set up an account directly, Or u might still have to request an invite

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

OP
I

iWordplay

Reaction score
Iwordplay: do u have w google voice account? If so, u should yacw more options in the googje voice settings.

You should be able to set up an account directly, Or u might still have to request an invite

Don't you need an invite and Voice account to use Google Voice app? I had already gotten an invite and those are still my only options.

decalex

Reaction score
U need to have set up a Google voice number

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Invites haven't been required for quite some time now.

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
Did some checking. If you log into google voice via the web, click on settings on the upper right of the screen, then voice settings. On the phone tab, next to my Voicemail number, there is a link to get a Google Voice Number.