Google Talk app issues on HTC Droid Incredible 2 / 2.3.4

gelfball

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm a n00b on DroidForums. And an Android N00b. hope you can help.

I have a Droid Incredible 2 (Verizon) but bought it in Asia... off the back of the truck. I was told it was rooted, but now when I checked using ConnectBot, I get a $ and not a #, so I guess not?

My problem is with the Google Talk app. It stopped working in weird ways. When I click on the widget, I get the message "The linked program is no longer installed on your phone. Yet, it still seems to be logged into GCHAT everytime I go online! I get message notifications in the notification screen, but can't click through to Google Talk. Its very frustrating b/c I don't want people to think I'm available when I'm not...

I downloaded Imo app and want to just delete Talk app and only use IMO. but of course, then tried to delete Talk and it won't allow.

Does anyone have a solution for either fixing Talk or deleting Talk? I don't know if I can freeze using Titanium Backup as I don't think I'm rooted and I'm too much of a n00b and don't want to risk it doing it myself. Anyway to freeze apps without rooting?

Any and all solutions much much appreciated!