Google Sky issues...

Htown315

Reaction score
Is it just me or is Google Sky all jacked up on the gnex? On my phone it doesn't come close to being on target.

dschulman

Reaction score
Google Sky issues on Gnex

Is it just me or is Google Sky all jacked up on the gnex? On my phone it doesn't come close to being on target.

It's not just you. Search for the moon when it's right in front of you, and Google Sky has you chasing all over the sky without ever landing on either the real moon, or where it's telling you the moon is. Everything else is just off.

stovesax

Reaction score
Same issue here. Is this software related or its it some sort of hardware issue?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JPLPS

Reaction score
I downloaded GPS Status and it fixed all issues with Sky and other compass issues.

stovesax

Reaction score
I also downloaded GPS status and used it to do a calibration which seemed to help a little bit but Google sky still hardly works. I don't think it's hardware related as direction, pitch, and roll in GPS status behave very well.

OP
Htown315

Htown315

Reaction score
I used a sensor testing app and also a bubble level app and everything works 100% so I am confident its not hardware related. I will try GPS status next, thanks for the tip.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also downloaded GPS status and used it to do a calibration which seemed to help a little bit but Google sky still hardly works. I don't think it's hardware related as direction, pitch, and roll in GPS status behave very well.

On my Incredible I would turn on the standalone gps only and others off then do a few figure 8s and it would clear it up. For some reason the Verizon and Google gps didn't play well with Google Sky on the Inc1.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk