Google Sign-In Nonsense

Ridley

Reaction score
Went to go to the market and had to sign in to Google? WTH is this? didn't ask for a name or password, but had to enter the "captcha" well, that's great, how about making the captcha something that can be read with the naked human eye. Who can read these things without magnification or glasses? how about at least making it enlargeable. I couldn't even read it with my reading glasses.:icon_evil:

Last edited:

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Went to go to the market and had to sign in to Google? WTH is this? didn't ask for a name or password, but had to enter the "captcha" well, that's great, how about making the captcha something that can be read with the naked human eye. Who can read these things without magnification or glasses? how about at least making it enlargeable. I couldn't even read it with my reading glasses.:icon_evil:
Either Double Tap the screen to "zoom to fit the page", or use the "pinch & zoom" method to zoom until you can see clearly....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
From the subject I thought this had to be a new person, but I'm confused. OP isn't new here unless he's been with out an Android phone for over 120 posts, and I'm not following what he's saying about having to sign into the Market. I've never had to sign into the Market.

OP
R

Ridley

Reaction score
From the subject I thought this had to be a new person, but I'm confused. OP isn't new here unless he's been with out an Android phone for over 120 posts, and I'm not following what he's saying about having to sign into the Market. I've never had to sign into the Market.

Never had it either, but a notification came up and said " 'myusername' authentication failed" and the google sign-in console popped up with a captcha screen, which does not respond to double tap or two finger stretching methods. I ended up having to take a photo of it with my digital camera and blowing it up to see what it said. I have had a Droid since day 2 and never had a problem like this.

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had this issue come up a long time ago and all I did (I THINK(it was long time ago) all I did was to go into manage apps and clear data in the market app. It came back without without issue.

Good luck.

OP
R

Ridley

Reaction score
I had this issue come up a long time ago and all I did (I THINK(it was long time ago) all I did was to go into manage apps and clear data in the market app. It came back without without issue.

Good luck.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try and remember that if it happens again.

Drez143

Reaction score
Okay, I didn't want to start another thread about this, and I also couldn't really find a solution using the search.

I have this same google sign in problem with the "captcha", but this happens about once every 1-2 days. I thought this was a normal, the phone just wants to make sure I am me, but now that I thought about that it makes no sense. Also, I ran into my friend who had a driod X and he never had to do that once.

So basically, since I got the Droid X back in July, I have had to put in the stupid captcha about once every 2 days to sign back into my google accounts. I have no rooted my phone or any of that, and its currently running 2.2.1. Any ideas?

Drez143

Reaction score
Well, that link was very helpful on the topic. I had no idea they had a method to "unlock" that.

But..... when I put my gmail e-mail address that my phone is using into the domain part of the hyperlink I get:

"Sorry, you've reached a login page for a domain that isn't using Google Apps. Please check the web address and try again"

After looking into it more, you need to sign up for google apps to do this link. Google apps is for buisnesses and actually has a fee associated with it if I am not mistaken.

Drez143

Reaction score
Well thank you, you put me down the right path. After googling the riddle to that question, I stumbled upon: https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha?

That is for your basic accounts, where just having the a in the address such as your link suggested would be for buisness. Now hopefully I am no longer bugged with this error.