Google Sign in Error Message

jdawg1933

Reaction score
Can anyone help with this error message. Get "Sign in Error Message, then it redirects me to "type the letters you see in the box". When I type the letters it keeps giving me the "type the letters you see". Have correct password, changed the password. This error message comes up when I try to enter the marketplace.

coolguyattack

Reaction score
Bump. I just had the same thing happen when I opened Google Maps. Not sure what could've caused it, I haven't changed my password or anything lately.

BasicTek

Reaction score
I'm gettign this error tried/verified the following.

Droid 2 phone
primary gmail account is failing
logged into gmail from browser password was ok, but all failed attempts caused gmail to force password change
was able to connect after changing password
then error returned shortly after
new password still good on gmail but will not work on phone.
to note gmail had me activate 2nd authentication mechanism. Going to try disabling that and test again. Pain in the @#$

sadlsor

Reaction score
It's a gmail problem

Same issue as BasicTek; exhausted Verizon tech support, have changed passwords several times. This began out of the blue, about 3 weeks ago with my Droid X. I changed the password on the PC, as I kept going round and round with the Captcha (type these letters routine) and kept getting the error on the phone "incorrect password."

FWIW, Verizon said I should have changed the password on the PHONE. Maybe so, maybe not.

I created a new gmail account, and can access that on my Droid. I can access either the old OR new account on a PC, only the new one on the phone.

Bought the Razr today; same issue.

My gmail account has NOT been hacked, best I can tell. Googling (ha! what irony) for solutions; I'm using the dual-authentication or whatever it's called, where changing my password requires me to enter a code which was texted to the Droid (either phone; they act the same for this issue.)

I may start a new thread, after more searching.

EDIT: It's found under [h=3]Application-specific passwords[/h]in Google Help / Support. I re-enabled 2-step verification, and then followed instructions to create an Application-specific password. Still puzzled why it worked for a year on the Droid X, and never had this issue.
But at least I can now move on with rooting the Razr.

Last edited:

lizard

Reaction score
I ve had same issues. Mine started happening when I tried flashing a nightly for CM7. After I flashed the rom I flashed an unsigned version of GAPPS. After going through what you all went through for days, I flashed a signed version and the problem went away, mostly. Now if I'm browsing the market for a while, I will scroll down till I run into an error that says Authentication Error. Authentication required. Please sign into your Google account. I am signed in. Gmail works fine. I noticed however when I get this error, I can simply switch categories in the Market and continue shopping in a different category. This usually happens after I spend more than twenty minutes or so in the Market. Before I flashed the signed version of GAPPS I tried uninstalling market updates and the problem went away for like ten minutes then came right back. I think its the Market or an update to the Market.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Babylooch

Reaction score
Google Sign-in Error

Does anyone think that this might be some type of phishing malware? A program trying to get everyone's Google passwords??