Google Sends Out $50 Play Store Credit For Late Shipment Of Pixel Orders

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It looks like several of the Google Pixel pre-orders shipped rather late. Many of you who pre-ordered actually payed for overnight shipping. For whatever reason Google was unable to get many of the Pixels shipped out on time which means that even if you paid for overnight shipping and you ordered your device within minutes of the device's preorder going live you may still not have received your unit. Google is now emailing those of you who still don't have your Pixel with their deepest apologies and is even including a $50 credit for the Play Store. For many of you the wait will be well worth it and the reception of the phone will be sweeter with the extra Play Store credit.

via Phandroid

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Payed? Paid is correct.

Are they refunding the shipping charge and giving $50 credit?
I would definitely want by shipping charge refunded.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
What bugs me the most is that I ordered my Pixel XL last week when it showed the devices were in stock and still have to wait over a month for delivery. Why show them as in stock if they aren't?

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Welcome to the land of Verizon one offs, dont say I didn't warn you in earlier threads.

Any memories of the Galaxy Nexus delivery delays...mmmmm?:confused:

And also you are now welcome to the land of limbo with HTC providing timely and accurate info (LOL) on delays and updates. :eek:

Hell I figured it would be the updates that would be delayed, but it looks like HTC can't even get them off the production line in time.

giphy-42.gif.gif

Last edited:

Luke611

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 10+
Payed? Paid is correct.

Are they refunding the shipping charge and giving $50 credit?
I would definitely want by shipping charge refunded.
I believe "want MY shipping charge" would be correct.

Sent from someone else's Galaxy S7.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome to the land of Verizon one offs, dont say I didn't warn you in earlier threads.

Any memories of the Galaxy Nexus delivery delays...mmmmm?:confused:

And also you are now welcome to the land of limbo with HTC providing timely and accurate info (LOL) on delays and updates. :eek:

Hell I figured it would be the updates that would be delayed, but it looks like HTC can't even get them off the production line in time.

giphy-42.gif.gif
Unfortunately has nothing to do with Verizon. On Google, they are in stock, (at least the 32 Gig version is) two week's or more from now.

I'd like to believe it's a soft release in waves of sizes, in case there is an issue. After All I believe it has one of the largest batteries in a cell phone with these specs. Last thing they want is an issue with there new baby.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Unfortunately has nothing to do with Verizon. On Google, they are in stock, (at least the 32 Gig version is) two week's or more from now.

Ahh but I don't just point the finger at Verizon if you read my post.

HTC is also involved which should make this an even bigger fustercluck than the Galaxy Nexus.

BTW did anybody catch the news tonight?

Apparently Samsung now has exploding washing machines in their lineup...

Samsung recalls 2.8 million washing machines over risk of impact injuries

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Ahh but I don't just point the finger at Verizon if you read my post.

HTC is also involved which should make this an even bigger fustercluck than the Galaxy Nexus.

BTW did anybody catch the news tonight?

Apparently Samsung now has exploding washing machines in their lineup...

Yes, but you pointed the finger at Verizon first. HTC, well it's HTC, unfortunately the general public doesn't understand the HTC situation like those of us on the forums. My wife and i did stop by Verizon to check out the XL and she liked it until she found out it was nearly $1,000.00 and it's not in stock. Looks like I will be picking up a couple more 6P's before they're gone, really wish Google still sold them.

Last edited:

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Yes, but you pointed the finger at Verizon first. HTC, well it's HTC, unfortunately the general public doesn't understand the HTC situation like those of us on the forums. My wife and i did stop by Verizon to check out the XL and she liked it until she found out it was nearly $1,000.00 and it's not in stock. Looks like I will be picking up a couple more 6P's before they're gone, really wish Google still sold them.

Yep now that there is no subsidies, phones now come with sticker shock much like cars.

It is definitely making me more discriminate with my next choice of phone. But that will be a while... I will ride out my M8 until it dies.