Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL Devices Have Now Started Shipping

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-pixel-2-xl-render-jpg.77984

The other day we discussed the fact that Google had finally started charging cards for Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL orders. This generally means that they are preparing devices for shipment. Google started to send out shipment notifications yesterday which means some of those who paid extra for overnight shipping will begin receiving their devices today. My shipment notification came through this morning. I should have mine by Friday! Has everyone else received their shipment notification?

Attachments

• google-pixel-2-xl-render.jpg
    google-pixel-2-xl-render.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 2,966

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
When did you order yours? We ordered the smaller one a few days ago for my father and the delivery estimate is November 1-2.

djsiva

Reaction score
I preordered one at launch, but ended up cancelling and preordering again so I think I'm going to be in the second wave. I did receive a ship notification on my case I ordered, but the phone has yet to ship or charge the Google Store card.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
My Panda colored XL doesn't ship until Nov. 27 with a delivery date of 11/30-12/4 o_O

When you guys get your devices, be sure to post in the thread I linked below:

The Official "I got my Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL" Thread

Man I really wanted a Panda XL. But I couldn't get my cart to checkout for ages with that one in there. Had to switch to the all black one. Oh well, I plan on putting a DBrand skin on like my first gen Pixel XL to keep it protected from minor scuffs and such.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Man I really wanted a Panda XL. But I couldn't get my cart to checkout for ages with that one in there. Had to switch to the all black one. Oh well, I plan on putting a DBrand skin on like my first gen Pixel XL to keep it protected from minor scuffs and such.
I had to wait a few hours after launch before I could order my Panda. It went out of stock quick. I guess mine is on the 2nd or 3rd wave. Almost ordered a black one but I figured a little wait would be ok.

With all these skins, it doesn't really matter much what color phones we get. Thought about doing the same thing myself.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but be careful because I paid for expedited shipping and they totally ignored it and shipped ground. Even when I called them and complained they insisted it was a system glitch and that my order would arrive on time. However I got an email from them the next day saying my order would be delayed and not arrive on time. When I called back all I got was excuse after excuse and later was told my order would be arriving a week after he actual delivery date promised on the order. Even though I argued with them to call fedex and upgrade the shipping (since fedex told me they can do that if google calls them) the reps and supervisors all told me that company policy prohibits them to change shipment once its been set forth and prohibits them from reaching out to fedex. I find that to be bs. All I was offered was my expedited shipping fee back and a pat on the back saying oops our bad. This is the last time I will order from the google store that's for sure.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Because of how long the wait was for me, I didn't feel like 2 days faster would have made that big of a difference. My main change was to add the pixel protect, which I had to cancel my previous order to do so. And that 3 day made the difference in shipping about a week. Hopefully the later shipments mean I'll get the second batch of phones.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I don't know about you guys, but be careful because I paid ... This is the last time I will order from the google store that's for sure.

I've been a phone geek for a long time and a drop-day buyer for different devices almost yearly since the original Droid way back when. I hate to break it to you, but Every manufacturer/seller is jacked up on day one purchases. I found that if you don't get an order in within the first 3-12 hours (it depends on the demand sometimes you only have 45 minutes) when they first start taking orders all bets are off for your arrival date.

That's just the way it is. Apple, Samsung, Motorola, Google. All of them. If you don't have an order in at the front of the line, so that your device gets stuffed into the first trucks rolling out it's a straight dice roll for arrival. Any later and you have to just wait until spring, or whenever it hits the shelves at a store near you.

This has been my experience over the past 10 years of being a pretty hardcore gadget guy.

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
I've been a phone geek for a long time and a drop-day buyer for different devices almost yearly since the original Droid way back when. I hate to break it to you, but Every manufacturer/seller is jacked up on day one purchases. I found that if you don't get an order in within the first 3-12 hours (it depends on the demand sometimes you only have 45 minutes) when they first start taking orders all bets are off for your arrival date.

That's just the way it is. Apple, Samsung, Motorola, Google. All of them. If you don't have an order in at the front of the line, so that your device gets stuffed into the first trucks rolling out it's a straight dice roll for arrival. Any later and you have to just wait until spring, or whenever it hits the shelves at a store near you.

This has been my experience over the past 10 years of being a pretty hardcore gadget guy.

Yea but when you place the order with them while they are on the phone and you pay for expedited, you should recieve expedited shipping. I'm not worried about being first to get it, but if you pay for example for fedex overnight shipping and once the phone is available they ship it out ground, there is a problem there. And when you call and they insist there is no problems when there is, and later use excuses to cover it up is not a good thing. Plus when they messed up and shipped ground, original delivery date for ground was for example the 27th after the package had already started to move, then a day later gets delayed an additional 4 days is just crap. I feel like they intentionally put a hold on the package during transit but then they tell me oh we cant call fedex to change the shipping once it left our hands per company policy. Its like why? when fedex says ya we would be glad to fix the mistake and upgrade shipping to express just as long as google gives us a yes but google says no no that's fine we want to continue with the screw up just as it is. Even though I offered to pay myself to fedex to upgrade google said no we wont change it sorry.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yea but when you place the order with them while they are on the phone and you pay for expedited, you should recieve expedited shipping. I'm not worried about being first to get it, but if you pay for example for fedex overnight shipping and once the phone is available they ship it out ground, there is a problem there. And when you call and they insist there is no problems when there is, and later use excuses to cover it up is not a good thing. Plus when they messed up and shipped ground, original delivery date for ground was for example the 27th after the package had already started to move, then a day later gets delayed an additional 4 days is just crap. I feel like they intentionally put a hold on the package during transit but then they tell me oh we cant call fedex to change the shipping once it left our hands per company policy. Its like why? when fedex says ya we would be glad to fix the mistake and upgrade shipping to express just as long as google gives us a yes but google says no no that's fine we want to continue with the screw up just as it is. Even though I offered to pay myself to fedex to upgrade google said no we wont change it sorry.
I agree with you as I had that happen to me. The response they gave me is they "sent it expedited" but the mail person must have lost it.

Now we know that's bull but they know you not going to waste your money to get a lawyer over $20. It's why I just wait for them to ship it however. For the difference in actual shipping now days between air and ground end up being a day or 2 (from once it leaves the warehouse). And that's the key right there, when it actually leaves the warehouse. Paying more money don't make it leave the warehouse any faster unfortunately.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk