Google Search Permission

megraven21

Reaction score
Did anyone notice that one of the new permissions to the Google Search update is "Default - Google Now remote access"? I realize chrome came out with that feature, allowing you or someone else to remotely access your computer, but does this permission on Google Search bother anyone else? I know this sounds a little paranoid but it makes me a little nervous to give any app a permission like this, especially when the dev doesn't give explanation in description or "what's new". I don't even like to install themes that ask for internet permissions (Go developer/zt.art) since you don't need to use the internet to change your theme and plenty of other devs don't need any permissions for their themes but that's a complaint for a different time. Lol

Anyway, I'm not updating it until I feel more comfortable about it (if/when) so I thought I'd put it out here and see what other people's thoughts are.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131115_143858.png
    ForumRunner_20131115_143858.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 158

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Probably has something to do with getting Google Now notifications on desktop Chrome.

It doesn't bother me because I plan on upgrading to a new device and it will probably come with that version of Google Search.

Thus, resistance is futile.