Google Search Box Issues

Samurai26

Reaction score
I'm having problems with the search box in froyo, each time I click on it to type something in, it force closes, should I hunt down the .apk and reinstall it? Should I retheme or reflash BB?

How can I fix it?

I'm running BBv.1 with DropTheme if that helps...

eliassami5

Reaction score
I'm having problems with the search box in froyo, each time I click on it to type something in, it force closes, should I hunt down the .apk and reinstall it? Should I retheme or reflash BB?

How can I fix it?

try going to settings > applications > manage apps > all > google search > clear data. Delete the search box from your home screen and then put it back on there and see if that works. Its probably an issue with Bugless tho

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

How can I fix it?

Did it just start or did it work fine on your current rom for a few days/hours/etc?

If it never worked did you wipe data and cache when flashing the new rom?

This isn't an apk you'd find in the market, its part of the base install. As everyone isn't having this issue I'd try to install the rom again. See if it is ok before droptheme. Make backups of your rom so if you find the the item that messes it up you can just restore to the step prior.

OP
S

Samurai26

Reaction score
Idk when it started cuz I rarely use it, but I just noticed it tonight and I want it to work when I need it to...

I'm just hesitant to reflash because then I need to reconfigure everything I have and that sucks