Google Releasing DIY "App Inventor" - App Creation Tool

MrCapcom

Reaction score
Great, now more morons can fill our market with complete crap...
True but we have enough blogs etc to show us the real gems and search will help.
I personally don't care if they add in 5000 fart apps

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
So uh...One question. Whats going to happen to those folk on AT&T that aren't rooted or have a custom rom and only have the ability to load apps from the Market? Kinda sucks for them. This is one of the few times I'm glad I'm on Verizon.

The other times you're glad you're on Verizon is when you try to use your phone. ;-)

I've already got a few ideas for apps to make for my own use.

Raymond

Reaction score
Cannot wait this is exactly what I need! Time to create some amazing apps hopefully. Does anyone know if Google auto puts ads on?

Raymond

Reaction score
I have an app idea as well hopefully this can be done, Hopefully you can make buttons ect.. and it will be able to open web browsers :)

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
I have an app idea as well hopefully this can be done, Hopefully you can make buttons ect.. and it will be able to open web browsers :)

If there's anyway to pull data from the web into your app, this will be a monster.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I signed up as well. I really really want an app like TV Forecast on the iPhone. I'm going to switch from the iPhone to the DroidX on Thursday (assuming I can get one) and that app is one of a few I will miss. Hope I can pull off something that is useable.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i'm really excited for this. does anyone know about how soon its coming out?
i have some ideas for apps i want to make, but i hope they have easy ways to take data from online. i think learning will take a little time, but it'll be cool to make my own apps.

i think maybe we should have a different section of the market for these apps if we can publish them because some will be so pointless especially if you dont have to be smart to make them

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I'm signed up. It looks like it will be interesting. I am not a coder by any means, and have no patience for it. App Inventor looks like the tool for me. My intention is to use it to make apps for personal use, and play around to see what I can create. I already have one in mind, and I will have to see if it can be done....

NoKz

Reaction score
This is Google's answer to boost the Android Market to numbers similar to the iPhone market. Smart move and will definitely be cool to try out. =)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is Google's answer to boost the Android Market to numbers similar to the iPhone market. Smart move and will definitely be cool to try out. =)
Completely agree, however it's gonna be a lot of fluff unfortunately.

But I still like the idea of this.

Rymanh24

Reaction score
I'm ready to start making an app now, websites say it is coming out today. I'm impatient and want it now haha!

trumpet444

Reaction score
True, the endless naked girl and slide puzzle apps are going to ruin this. Im looking forward to using it for myself tho. Ive tried writing my own apps, very timetaking and nothing too special. Just buttons and toast. It'd be nice if the Android Market had an Amateur section for the apps, just so its no so cluttered with crap