Google Releases Source Code for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
androidjellybean.jpeg

Google has announced that the source code for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is now available. The announcement was made on Google's Android Builder group by Jean-Baptiste Queru, Technical Lead for the Android Open Source Project. The release allows device manufacturers as well as modders to make their own builds of Google's newest version of Android. Proprietary binaries for Asus's Nexus 7 and Samsung's Galaxy Nexus are already available, and binaries for the Nexus S and Motorola Xoom have been promised to arrive later. For more info check out the AOSP site.

Source: Engadget

combatmedic870

Reaction score
There is almost a working stock rooted build out from source...well there is. Just no wifi or 4g....or market....or.....anyways.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
There is almost a working stock rooted build out from source...well there is. Just no wifi or 4g....or market....or.....anyways...

Maybe I'm just not understanding you. What are you talking about? I'm using JB now and everything works just fine. Look in the GNex section here and you'll be led to the working version.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Dusty said:
Maybe I'm just not understanding you. What are you talking about? I'm using JB now and everything works just fine. Look in the GNex section here and you'll be led to the working version.

At the time he posted that all we had was working leaks...android backups. Once the AOSP was released the devas began merging the AOSP with their leaked version and next they began working from source. I still feel like the leaked versions are more functional simply because the devs had more time to fix broken parts. But by tomorrow I plan to move to the AOSP source version of Jelly Belly. Right now 2.5 is working so good I hate to screw anything up.

Nate