[Rumor] Galaxy Nexus Checkout Page Seems to Confirm Jelly Bean to be Android 4.1

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
beangooglewallet.png

beangooglewallet-2.png

Although this might be a typo, a checkout page for a new Samsung Galaxy Nexus being purchased through Google Wallet seems to confirm that the next Android OS will be coming soon, and that it is called 4.1 and Jelly Bean. The anonymous purchaser shared the screenshot with the community, but he also shared another that seems to further confirm. The final checkout page shows a picture of his soon to come G-Nex, with what is a different looking Android homepage than we are used to. In fact, it looks very "Jelly Bean-esque." What do you guys think? Could this be a hoax, or a slip-up, or maybe just a tiny bit of marketing mischief on Google's part just before the I/O conference next week?

Thanks for the tip, nikecar!

Source: NexusTablets.netEngadget

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I wonder how much of an update this will be. Will it be like 2.0 to 2.1 was?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It could be a typo not sure if it will be 4.1 or 5.0 I do know that we should see it soon when google unleashes it for their tablet. Then it will be a matter of time before the source code is released and we start seeing jellybean roms for the nexus. :biggrin:

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I doubt they'd give it a completely new name if it were to be a pretty small, incremental update. So I expect it to be decent sized at least. I hope it's at least a small UI change and that it takes control of hand gestures more like the GSIII. I love how you wipe the side of your hand across the screen and it takes a screen shot and stuff like that. If we got this, I'd feel no need to go out and buy the SIII.

I'm excited! Official release, leaked, ROM, or or whatever, Nexus users should get it quite easily.
Let's get some JB!
http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac233/Fusy/1254334927_celebration-dance.gif

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Everything I've read points to just a small upgrade. As has been mentioned often ICS isn't even on the majority of new devices yet, so to have a true 5.0 out when everyone hasn't even optimized 4 seems unlikely, but we shall see. Regardless, seems liekly that many devices won't have it until late next year if then based on current trends.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So far on every forum that I've been on, no one really knows what will be on it at all. Most people have been believing it'll likely be a pretty good update considering most updates have been going that way. Like 2.2-2.3 and things prior to that.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Galay Nexus with Jelly Bean On It...

[video=youtube;vdNrpN1TkEQ]http://youtu.be/vdNrpN1TkEQ[/video]

[video=youtube;Zv6xgXg4jms]http://youtu.be/Zv6xgXg4jms[/video]