www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
ico-time.png
30. Jun, 2010 written by Oleg Perry / androidcommunity.com
ico-comment.png

More Froyo news keeps pouring out, for a while we’ve known that the Android 2.2 will be coming to Droid next month, but it looks like it might be coming a tad earlier than we had expected, at least for some lucky owners. This is only a rumor at the moment, but with more of a circulation now, it seems far more like reality than fiction. It turns out Google is handing out Froyo to a certain set of Droid users over the air.

That is pretty much all the knowledge that was rumoured, but at least the info is on track with meeting the July date they released. With reports of the finalized build of 2.2 leaking out now, the rumored OTA update for some DROID owners is more than likely very real.

Any one of our Droid owners out there get their own OTA update?

Google Pushing Froyo OTA to Some Motorola Droids | Androidheadlines.com

Last edited by a moderator:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
another news section worthy post.. granted i am rooted and would not know if i was in selected few :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would love to hear from a Droid owner who has received this.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Dang Shadez, I think you should take 5, maybe sit the next few plays out, buddy. Catch your breath. Haha, thanks for all the info

Droidfish

Reaction score
another news section worthy post.. granted i am rooted and would not know if i was in selected few :)

I think we will all(rooted users) still receive the update, with the 2.1 ota, rooted users just had to accept the update and then SPrecovery would in turn block it. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think the OTA block lies in SPrecoverys magic

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Moved......

Ok Shadez you are on fire and I have to run for a bit so don't slow down lol.....

Another Mod will have to fill in

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll keep reading. Can't help out tho CK... not my section. :)

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think we will all(rooted users) still receive the update, with the 2.1 ota, rooted users just had to accept the update and then SPrecovery would in turn block it. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think the OTA block lies in SPrecoverys magic

most custom roms block OTA's i have never received an ota on this phone. i upgraded to 2.0.1 manually then i rooted.. i think you are right as well about sp recovery blocking the OTA's as well dunno on that one

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Anyone know how I can get to be one of "certain users"? :)

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
great stuff ShadeZ. welcome to the team :)

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I hoping that this means somebody who gets a hold of it can upload it online so the rest of us can do a manual update...I don't feel like risking my phone to root it.