Google Pushing Android 2.2 (Froyo) To Some Droid Users

Codiusprie

Reaction score
2.1 was pushed to the Droid via a Google repository.

The N1 and the Droid are the 2 Android phones that "just works" with Google releases. While Motorola and Verizon could add software to the final build, they're not going to.

But they did, visual voicemail is verizon I am pretty sure, and so is Amazon mp3 (maybe, not sure about that one). When 2.1 started bricking phones Verizon pulled the update, not Google.

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Also if it "just worked" we would get the 2.2 update when the N1 got it. Also is there a way to edit posts? I do not like making another post if I have a thought I need to add to a post I already made.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also if it "just worked" we would get the 2.2 update when the N1 got it. Also is there a way to edit posts? I do not like making another post if I have a thought I need to add to a post I already made.

In the news section you cannot edit a post. If you really need something done you can report it and a mod will take care of it for you.

Codiusprie

Reaction score

In the news section you cannot edit a post. If you really need something done you can report it and a mod will take care of it for you.

Oh it isn't a big issue, sometimes I just have thoughts that are relevent in a post I already made right after I make it. I don't like cluttering up threads. If a mod wants to merge my two post that would be swell but it isn't necessary.

mitchb2

Reaction score
Are you still in your 30 days? Because you do have 30 days to decided whether or not you wanted to keep your Droid. If you didn't return it in that time period then it's kind of on you.

Yeah, but remember back then everything was "2.1 is coming!"
Now it's 2.2. Plus, I was so enthralled with the Droid because it was my first smartphone. It takes a while to get to the reality of it.

I still like that I have the functionality of a smartphone, but the OS still seems amateurish and cobbled together. Simple things like saving a Gmail attachment don't make sense.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Are you still in your 30 days? Because you do have 30 days to decided whether or not you wanted to keep your Droid. If you didn't return it in that time period then it's kind of on you.

Yeah, but remember back then everything was "2.1 is coming!"
Now it's 2.2. Plus, I was so enthralled with the Droid because it was my first smartphone. It takes a while to get to the reality of it.

I still like that I have the functionality of a smartphone, but the OS still seems amateurish and cobbled together. Simple things like saving a Gmail attachment don't make sense.

This is my 6th smartphone and I had 4 PDAs that I attached by umbilical cord to my cell phone before that. I can tell you that this OS is not cobbled. It is in it's infancy though...so expect it to improve over time. I can also tell that you have no idea what you have in your hands. LOL

Nate

mitchb2

Reaction score
I can also tell that you have no idea what you have in your hands. LOL

Nate

I know what you mean. Spoiled, and the grass is always greener. :)
My concern is that future updates won't apply to the Moto Droid and will only support faster, newer phones.

Stang68

Reaction score
I'm starting to think this isn't true. I mean, we would surely be hearing from other sites if people were getting 2.2 pushed to their devices, right?

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Guess it was just a rumor, huh?
:-(

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

igniteoc

Reaction score
When I do get 2.2 ota will my music and pictures stay on my sdcard?

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Also if you have to do a factory reset everything on your SD card will remain -- and if you do a factors reset after the 2.2 update it will still be 2.2.

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

bassjason

Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that Verizon denied pushing 2.2 out to anyone