Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah I have 12gb of music downloaded. I went with All Access as soon as it launched simply because it is not tied down to geolocation. I use it all over the globe. That, and the launch price has still to be beaten.

You're welcome. Hope it works for you.
I hear ya. I actually missed a payment because I switched it to a prepaid gift card that I had gotten for a month and forgot to switch it back. They cancelled it, but when I signed up again, they honored the introductory price.

Unfortunately, it must not have been my music that was causing the issue. It's running again and I haven't opened the app since I removed the download and killed the app.

Like you said, it's not using a LOT of resources by any means, but I'd still like to get to the bottom of this. Really don't want to have to delete the 10GB of albums I have setup on there just to fix this...

OP
Ollie

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I wonder if it is happening because of an update or something? I've noticed mine popping up occasionally, but it isn't as persistent as before.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I wonder if it is happening because of an update or something? I've noticed mine popping up occasionally, but it isn't as persistent as before.
Couldn't say. I restarted my phone at one point after work today & haven't opened the app since, but it's running now.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
Ollie

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Even though I suspected the Albumartfinder process of triggering a constant backgrounding of Google Music on my phone part of the issue is caused by the last update of Google Music.

With GMusic backgrounding all day it shows only the usage where I was actually listening to music.

Previously the Albumartfinder was triggering usage throughout the day without me listening to any music. Since removing and redownloading the offending song that lacked album art the app just sits there doing nothing now...using no battery.

Many other people in the Play store are complaining of it starting on its own as well.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Even though I suspected the Albumartfinder process of triggering a constant backgrounding of Google Music on my phone part of the issue is caused by the last update of Google Music.

With GMusic backgrounding all day it shows only the usage where I was actually listening to music.

Previously the Albumartfinder was triggering usage throughout the day without me listening to any music. Since removing and redownloading the offending song that lacked album art the app just sits there doing nothing now...using no battery.

Many other people in the Play store are complaining of it starting on its own as well.
Thanks for the input. I did click to report the albumartfinder process within my settings and if others are complaining as well, hopefully they'll jump on it.

It's running in my active apps again, but not even registering on battery usage, so I guess it's not a very big deal at this point.

My biggest concern would be data usage, but even that doesn't show as being affected by this so far.

OP
Ollie

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
GMusic has only used 1.7mb of background data today so I'm good. I checked in the data usage settings. As long as it behaves and is just a slight annoyance then it can stay that way until they patch it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
GMusic has only used 1.7mb of background data today so I'm good. I checked in the data usage settings. As long as it behaves and is just a slight annoyance then it can stay that way until they patch it.
.< .01 here, so I agree.

Sent from my Note 4