Google Pixel 7

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Does anyone know if the Google 30W charging brick actually provides 30 watts?? I got my wife a pair of Apple 3rd gen AirPods (with a Magafe charging case, and the Apple MagSafe charger,) to go with her iPhone and iPad mini. Wondering if my Google 30W charging brick will be too much power to charge the AirPods?? Or, if the charging brick that came with my 6 Pro would provide enough power. Hoping that some of you might be iPhone users, as well?? According to Apple, the charging brick should be at least 20 watts.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Does anyone know if the Google 30W charging brick actually provides 30 watts?? I got my wife a pair of Apple 3rd gen AirPods (with a Magafe charging case, and the Apple MagSafe charger,) to go with her iPhone and iPad mini. Wondering if my Google 30W charging brick will be too much power to charge the AirPods?? Or, if the charging brick that came with my 6 Pro would provide enough power. Hoping that some of you might be iPhone users, as well?? According to Apple, the charging brick should be at least 20 watts.
I don't see any issues but I normally wirelessly charge my Air pods on the desk pad nearby ...they charge them pods ..

pchain

Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with cell reception with their Pixel 7 Pro? I seem to have calls drop more than they should and my speed is much lower than the Samsung S10+ I had before. Gotta admit, while I do like the P7P a lot, I am thinking about the S23 Ultra...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Anyone have any issues with cell reception with their Pixel 7 Pro? I seem to have calls drop more than they should and my speed is much lower than the Samsung S10+ I had before. Gotta admit, while I do like the P7P a lot, I am thinking about the S23 Ultra...
I've not had any issues with drop calls or any differences with my other phones TBH... I have noticed a little bug and I think it happens on my Samsung as well. Also wherever I'm home and I'm on Wi-Fi calling and I get away from the area. Sometimes when I come back into the house my service acts a little wonky.. but I've also seen it with my flip4

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I bought a Pixel 7 Pro last week, got it all setup over the weekend. There was nothing wrong with my Pixel 7, it's a great phone. My eyes are not what they used to be (joys of getting older I suppose :)). I suppose I need to schedule an appointment with my doctor. I noticed that when I borrowed my wife's phone (P7 Pro) I could see things more clearly and everything was easier to read. Maybe it was all in my head, but I felt like the 7 Pro screen was easier for me to see everything much more clearly, and brighter. So with the current sale, my Google Store credit and a decent trade-in on my Pixel 4XL I got a 7 Pro for less than 1/2 price. I am very happy with it, no complaints at all. My 4XL was the family spare but now my trusty P7 will be the family spare and we both have a 7 Pro. :cool:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I bought a Pixel 7 Pro last week, got it all setup over the weekend. There was nothing wrong with my Pixel 7, it's a great phone. My eyes are not what they used to be (joys of getting older I suppose :)). I suppose I need to schedule an appointment with my doctor. I noticed that when I borrowed my wife's phone (P7 Pro) I could see things more clearly and everything was easier to read. Maybe it was all in my head, but I felt like the 7 Pro screen was easier for me to see everything much more clearly, and brighter. So with the current sale, my Google Store credit and a decent trade-in on my Pixel 4XL I got a 7 Pro for less than 1/2 price. I am very happy with it, no complaints at all. My 4XL was the family spare but now my trusty P7 will be the family spare and we both have a 7 Pro. :cool:
Awesome congrats on the upgrade ...I sold my P7P but not bc I didn't like it ..just moved over to the S23 Ultra

pchain

Reaction score
I had the Pixel 7 Pro, then got the S23 Ultra. Both of these phones are really great. I think the battery was slightly better on the S23U though.

Ultimately, I returned the S23 Ultra.... primarily because I think I got a bad one with really terrible color hue and atrocious off axis color shifting. This unit obviously did not get quality tested before leaving the factory. My previous S10 plus had a much better quality screen.

I'm back with the Pixel 7 Pro now and have been overall very happy with it. My dropped call issue seems to have corrected itself so all is good. I'm thinking one of the updates must have corrected things.

One thing I did notice is that even though the S23U is only slightly larger than the P7P, the P7P is easier to use in my hands. I was surprised by this. I think it's more of a shape difference, with the S23U being more squarish and less rounded.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I had the Pixel 7 Pro, then got the S23 Ultra. Both of these phones are really great. I think the battery was slightly better on the S23U though.

Ultimately, I returned the S23 Ultra.... primarily because I think I got a bad one with really terrible color hue and atrocious off axis color shifting. This unit obviously did not get quality tested before leaving the factory. My previous S10 plus had a much better quality screen.

I'm back with the Pixel 7 Pro now and have been overall very happy with it. My dropped call issue seems to have corrected itself so all is good. I'm thinking one of the updates must have corrected things.

One thing I did notice is that even though the S23U is only slightly larger than the P7P, the P7P is easier to use in my hands. I was surprised by this. I think it's more of a shape difference, with the S23U being more squarish and less rounded.

P7P is definitely easier to hold with it's rounder sides... Note 23 lol they wanted that square body ...sorry to hear you had issues with the S23U ... Definitely some lemons floating around ...battery on my S23U is ridiculous and something I could never understand about Google leaves a little to be desired in that category...

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Quite a few app updates the past few days. Getting ready for the June feature drop perhaps.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Quite a few app updates the past few days. Getting ready for the June feature drop perhaps.
Probably. I have seen a lot of Google's apps with updates.

I am probably jumping into 14 Beta when beta 3 is released in June.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Almost every Google app on my phone had an update thru the Play Store today. June feature drop is right around the corner.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I jumped into Android 14 beta last night (beta 3) so I won't get the feature drop.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
No feature drop yet. Still debating on joining the 14 beta.