Google Pixel 7

R

RETG

I believe the current S22 Ultra is using the Exynos chip with AMD's RDNA 2 architecture and is not rated that great, so will that help or hinder the Tensor 2 chip?

Not sure it makes any different to me. I really tried to get a Pixel 6 pro; ordered twice and both times google screwed up the order and then when thinking of ordering a third time; the comments were not favorable for the phone. Too many complaints and yes, some were frivolous; however, if google can do bug repair for over 25 bugs in one update; they had to have found 25 bugs in order to repair. That and an optical fingerprint reader turned me off.
Therefore, I jumped to the S22 Ultra and I could not be more satisfied. And one thing I like is the customization of the stock Android by Samsung.
As much as I liked the Android 12 on my Pixel 4XL, I also hated it. The large oblong buttons under the quick menu, in my opinion, were terrible, and not being able to use my home page how I wanted; having that date upper left was ludicrous. I lived with it with the Pixel 4XL, willing to live with it with a Pixel 6 Pro; however, now that I don't have to live with it on the S22U; not sure I could go back to a Pixel again.

Have to wonder how many people jumped ship and will never return?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

Have to wonder how many people jumped ship and will never return?

Google sold more Pixel 6's than the 4 and 5 combined. I love mine, best phone I have owned and looking forward to getting a Pixel 7 for the wife this Fall.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I enjoy both phones ..6 Pro has been great for me without issues ....it's always exciting when a new release is around the corner ...

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

R

RETG

Google sold more Pixel 6's than the 4 and 5 combined. I love mine, best phone I have owned and looking forward to getting a Pixel 7 for the wife this Fall.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Number of increase in sales does not indicate the number of those that jumped to another brand. And whether or not they will return to the Pixel fold.

As I stated, I was happy with the 4XL but jumped ship and may never return. Google will have to come out with one heck of a phone for me to return. And, although I have no figures I'm sure I'm not the only one; heck, I know I'm since I know a few who jumped to other brands. And two had purchased Pixel 6 Pros, and moved on to other models. Most likely those two for sure won't return. So, will the higher sales be retained customers in the future? Time will tell.

I hope Pixel does good, competition is good. And since LG left the crowd of cell phones, we need more.

Interesting quote from an article I just read:
"The Pixel 6 may have sold more than the Pixel 4 and the Pixel 5, but without any raw numbers — Google lumps hardware sales with subscriptions and app sales — we can only guess that Samsung sold more phones during any random month than Google has ever sold. We would probably be right."
(Probably; however, hearsay without evidence to prove shown comment.)
Google's Pixel family of products will always be just a vanity project

However, I will admit, this photo of a black pixel 7 with that aluminum camera module is one sharp looking phone. Normally, I do not like black phones.

CoxnhHKnu9gyyN64ANAsc7-610-80.jpg.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
R

RETG

BOE displays...not for me and after apple caught them screwing up the specs on their displays they bounced them out (but did read they might be back again). Best to keep with Samsung or LG for phone displays...my opinion.

As for another pixel...as a person who jumped from a 4XL to a S22U but originally wanted a Pixel 6 pro, I would say fix the Tensor/modem before jumping into more models. Again my opinion.

R

RETG

Source equals rumors. And just another video added to boost video numbers. Besides, Google need to get their regular series working good, and figure out how to get back to their normal monthly updates. My 4XL, not being used, has not had the Aug update, yet. And I do keep it up to date.