Google Officially Unveils Nexus 6P; Full Specs, Features, Pricing and Release Date

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Back onto the topic of the 6P itself, anyone have any speculation or guesses as to the chances of this thing selling out by next Wednesday? Hahahaha. Didn't last year's Nexus 6 sell out pretty quick?
In the past, google has let you purchase, then they tell you it's on backorder.

What happens next Wednesday?

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
In the past, google has let you purchase, then they tell you it's on backorder.

What happens next Wednesday?

That's when I get paid and plan to order one of these beautiful devices! Haha!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
That's when I get paid and plan to order one of these beautiful devices! Haha!
Order one now. They don't charge your account until it ships(5 to 6 weeks).

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Order one now. They don't charge your account until it ships(5 to 6 weeks).
That's interesting, because I accidentally clicked through on the 128GB version yesterday hoping there'd be a chance to try and finance it and I got an email saying that my card had already been declined. Now, that could've been because of spending limits on my Debit card, but it sure seems like they tried to charge me right away.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
That's interesting, because I accidentally clicked through on the 128GB version yesterday hoping there'd be a chance to try and finance it and I got an email saying that my card had already been declined. Now, that could've been because of spending limits on my Debit card, but it sure seems like they tried to charge me right away.
I think they check to see if the account is real. Here is my info. See screenshot that says "Card will not be charged until shipped"

Screenshot 2015-09-30 13.51.46.png
Screenshot 2015-09-30 13.55.36.png

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Oh, my account is definitely real. I'm wondering if they won't authorize it without proper funds, but don't charge until it ships. I'd try again tomorrow after my paycheck clears, but if they decide to charge me right away for some reason, I'll be screwed. First half of the month is major bills time for me.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Maybe they messed up?

Beginning of month is car, truck and rent for me. That basically makes me poor until the 15th.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Idk. I just tried again with the 64GB aluminum version. I figured if they'd put it on order and not charge me for 5-6 weeks, I can pinch my pennies like crazy and swing it. Same story. Care failed. TBH, I'm not sure what, if anything, my spending limit per day is though. Been a long time since I made any kind of large purchase on the debit card.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
$500 is what most debit cards are limited to per day. You may need to call your bank and tell them to allow that charge.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That sounds familiar. As much as I want to pull the trigger, I think I'll pinch the pennies first, rather than place the order and hope I'm where I need to be when they go to charge my account. ;) Good idea though.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
My debit card has no limits other than what is in my bank account. There are ATM withdrawal limits, but no purchasing limits.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
My debit card has no limits other than what is in my bank account. There are ATM withdrawal limits, but no purchasing limits.
You had to have had the removed. That is not SOP for any bank or credit union.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Well, I think what happens is that, even though they don't charge you until it ships, they still do put a hold for that amount on your card temporarily. That's what happened when I almost bought a MXP. They put a hold on my account for the cost of the phone for like 3 days, then it was removed. The customer service rep I talked to said that I wouldn't actually be charged until it shipped.

So, even if they are only putting a hold for that amount on your account, if you don't have the money to back it up, it will still get declined. That's my understanding, at least. My debit card was also declined when attempting to place the order.

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
They Charged My Account! Lying bastages!
Screenie_zps3uwbeh05.png