Google Offering Play Music Unlimited For Free Again!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

From time to time Google offers some pretty great deals to get us Android users locked in to their eco system. I have already received plenty of free movies and discounts on popular games. Google Play Music will normally set you back $9.99 per month, but right now you can get 4 months of Google Play Music unlimited for FREE. This is only good for new subscribers. You need to first sign in to your Google account and then head to the link below for the offer. I have about 20 google accounts and it looks like even though I have claimed the offer on my main account the offer is available on my other accounts. Let me know if you are able to take advantage of the deal.

via GPM

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
while it's extremely tempting to use my other google accounts and set this up I have a few years worth of music and ratings and radio stations etc.... Decisions decisions

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I should use a new account. Save my $40

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm with @liftedplane. I've used it for so long, I think I'd miss my recommendations and such from all of the plays, thumbs up, etc. that I've done over the years if I used a different account. Not to mention, we have a family plan.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm with @liftedplane. I've used it for so long, I think I'd miss my recommendations and such from all of the plays, thumbs up, etc. that I've done over the years if I used a different account. Not to mention, we have a family plan.
Hey cuz.... you should add me as an extended family member.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
As often as they run these promos for new subscribers, free movies, etc, you'd think they could toss their faithful customers a free month once in awhile. Still worth every penny I've paid over the years though.
And expand the offer outside the US..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
This actually worked on my main account which has taken advantage of a free trial before. I was pleasantly surprised. :)

Me too. I know I did the trial in the very beginning.
"OK Google... Impress me" :D

/me marks his calendar for Nov 5th to cancel....

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hey cuz.... you should add me as an extended family member.
You'll have to get in line behind my actual cousins. Haha! Also, I wish they'd give more control over the "Family payment method". The way it is right now makes me leery of adding anyone that's not in my immediate family.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I keep getting this from the link above

f5328a97738e65328b0e93075ecae0e1.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
That's odd. The link in the OP loads up GPM in my browser on my PC or opens the app on my phone.
Same for me.

Oh I get the payment worries. That's why I haven't expanded to family yet. I'd be stuck with the bill.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Same for me.

Oh I get the payment worries. That's why I haven't expanded to family yet. I'd be stuck with the bill.
Oh, I'm already paying the bill, but you have to set up a debit/credit card/etc. as a Family Payment Method, that can be used by the family members and is charged for the family subscription to GPM, so you want it to to be a working account, but you want to be able to place restrictions on who can actually use that card for Play Store purchases. You can set kids up on the plan, but if I remember right from what I read when starting the family plan, though you can keep them from purchasing apps, I seem to remember it saying that they could potentially still make IAPs. Not a big deal with my stepson, because I set up the PIN code for purchases and he doesn't know it, but when you go adding family members whose devices you can't control...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's odd. The link in the OP loads up GPM in my browser on my PC or opens the app on my phone.
It starts to load then changes you that. It shows the graphics across the top, flashes and the error message comes up.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><