Google Now Provides ADB and Fastboot Without Installing The Full SDK!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ADB.jpg

If you are going to Root and Rom your phone or even flash a stock image to your device you are going to need fresh ADB and Fastboot files on your PC so your PC can communicate properly with your phone. In the past if you wanted the latest official ADB and Fastboot files from Google it meant you needed to install the full Android SDK. This was not only time consuming, but also pain staking. There were many alternative methods that popped up promising to help you install the two coveted files in mere minutes, however you would often run into the issue of outdated files.

Google now provides both the ADB and Fastboot files you are searching for without having to install the full Android SDK. Simply grab the correct file for your computers OS, unzip somewhere on your computer and you are ready to go. Versions are available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. Grab the tools you need from the links below.

Windows
MacOS
Linux

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Not necessarily true. I have the fastboot and adb in a folder on my PC. I didn't install SDK on it. I copied them from a Google image. Having to install SDK was years ago.