Google navigator bluetooth

jfguerra

Reaction score
I recently used Google's Navigator app on my Verizon Nexus Prime. It worked great but I was not able to listen to it through my bluetooth headset. The headset was working as I had just finished a call using the headset. Any ideas as to why I was not hearing anything through the headset (but I could hear it through the phone's speaker)?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Just throwin' this out there, do you have Media Audio checked for the BT device you're using (Settings--> Bluetooth--> (select settings next to BT headset))?

Last edited:
OP
J

jfguerra

Reaction score
Just throwin' this out there, do you have Media Audio checked for the BT device you're using (Settings--> Bluetooth--> (select settings next to BT headset))?
Thanks for replying.
I see 3 options under settings for the headset: Rename, Unpair, Profiles. Under Profiles I see 'Phone audio' and a checkbox next to it which is checked off already. So in other words I don't see a specific option called "Media Audio". Any other thoughts? Thanks anyway!

Reaction score
I don't have a BT headset I can test it on, sorry. I'll keep my eyes open around here and xda for anything that might help though.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Your headset has to support a2dp in order to hear media.

Sergio526

Reaction score
Your headset has to support a2dp in order to hear media.

If that's the case then it's arbitrary. My Bluetooth speaker in my car does not support a2dp and I cannot make my nav speak through it, but if I get a phone call, during the call the nav comes through the BT speaker. After the call hangs up, it goes right back to the phone speaker. Very annoying.

azules9780

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing and I thought it was supposed to do that. Although, what I wish for is a way my phone can transmit music ota via FM tuning or something and my stereo could pick it up so I can listen to my music while driving and listen for my navigation as well. And if I could have it mute all that when I get a phone call would be awesome!