Google "My Contacts" shortcut on home screen?

Laramie

Reaction score
Ok, so when I set up my Droid, I was syncing "All Contacts" and a group called "Phonebook" of my frequently called contacts.

I've noticed when you create a new contact on the droid, It gets grouped into the "my contacts" group in Gmail Contacts.

However, when you longpress the homescreen and select folder, it only gives you an option for "starred in android", nothing for "my contacts".

Am I missing something or is this option not available?

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
Are you just looking for a link to http://www.google.com/contacts ? Bookmark it and then add that bookmark to your home screen.

On the homescreen, I can create a folder that is marked "starred", so all contacts that are starred, can be my frequent call list, and then all my contacts are in the "contacts" list.

Here's the problem. When you create a contact, it automatically gets put into "my contacts" folder. So if I want to find it, I have to log into gmail, then put that contact into the starred folder.

Would be so much easier since google has created this default "my contacts" sub group, to allow you to link to that group from teh home screen.

Why create a folder that allows "starred in android" but not "my contacts".

Mateles

Reaction score
What about the "Contacts" app in the regular app list?