Google music help

shanimal92

Reaction score
Every time I click the "only offline music" toggle when I am on my playlists, only a couple songs appear. I made the playlist on my computer, but all the songs on Google music are on my phone. When I get to the Songs tab all of them are there, just not when i am in my playlist. When I say a couple songs only appear I literally mean a couple... only two songs are there and I know I have more than that in my phone. Anyone else have this problem.?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Zblanco4

Reaction score
I had similar issues with Google music. Are all the songs there when you don't have offline music only selected? If you go to the playlist tab then push the grey arrow next to the playlist that's missing the tracks, is the "available offline" box checked? Another thing to keep in mind is that Google music is set to only download the music you want available offline via wifi, but that can be changed in the settings menu.

Last edited:
OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
When I click the offline only mode on the all songs tab some songs shift so I know songs are being "hidden." They have to be duplicates or something because I literally drag and dropped my music folder on my computer to my phone, and the same folder I copied to phone is the one where Google music is getting its music from. Whenever I change rooms I have to make all my songs that's are in my playlist available offline again. Are they physically being download to my "SD card" again? Google music is just all wacky.

Zblanco4

Reaction score
When a playlist is marked for offline use Google music does physically download the songs to your SD card in its own format. Because Google music only syncs from the cloud to your phone it doesn't recognize that you already have the songs on the sd card. I haven't rooted the nexus but with my razr i just deleted all the music from my sd card. Made all the albums and playlists that I wanted available offline, after they downloaded I just used titanium backup and would restore Google music's app data after switching roms.

OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
ok. so if i make my songs availiable offlin in google music, the app actually downloads the music to my sd card and its in its own format? Not mp3?

Zblanco4

Reaction score
Sorry, they are mp3's. Google music uses numbers to name the tracks when it downloads offline music to its cache. They are located here: sdcard/Android/data/com.Google.Android.music/cache/music