Google Maps Web Download For Navigation

BeaverPuncher

Reaction score
touching the pin brings up the name of the place then a second touch on the name will take you to the navigation part pretty nifty.

IMHO, having navigation allow multiple destinations without having to tell it to calculate a route on each leg would be a no-brainer.

The real problem with this app is you cannot customize the route on a PC and have it automatically navigate to your final destination. Sometimes you don't have specific destinations between your current location and final destination, but you want to take a specific highway or road. It is easy to drag and drop your route along the way. It is a real shame that this customized route cannot be used for navigation automatically without jumping through hoops.

whats jumping through hoops ?

just make the route however you want and drop it to my saved places then navigate.

SGTiger

Reaction score
whats jumping through hoops ?

just make the route however you want and drop it to my saved places then navigate.

Ummm, you don't understand. Let's say you're on your PC in google maps and you set only one destination. You don't like the route that is calculated, so you drag and drop it several times to work out the route you want to take. In this scenario, you have absolutely no way to get this route into the google navigation app.

No one wants to try to add intermediate destinations between point a and point b and then have to manually tell the app to navigate each leg. Not sure how to make it any clearer for you. Do you work for Google, LOL?

OP
P

pjjameso

Reaction score
Have to agree with SGTiger, in my current scenario i just have a origin and destination without waypoints. It would be a pain to setup multiple waypoints along the route just to get map app to navigate between them. Google did it right on the PC side. They just need to integrate the custom route into the navigation app.

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Exactly what SGTiger said. The route for me to get to Williamsport, PA, for example, takes me way out of the way, so I saved the quick route, but can't use it on Navigation because it recalculates the route however it wants.

griz8791

Reaction score
Exactly what SGTiger said. The route for me to get to Williamsport, PA, for example, takes me way out of the way, so I saved the quick route, but can't use it on Navigation because it recalculates the route however it wants.

And out here in the West the way "it wants" to recalculate the route is to send you hundreds of miles out of your way on the interstate because the well-maintained two-lane highway that constitutes the shortest route between where you are and where you want to go is ever so scary and frightening.

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3

And out here in the West the way "it wants" to recalculate the route is to send you hundreds of miles out of your way on the interstate because the well-maintained two-lane highway that constitutes the shortest route between where you are and where you want to go is ever so scary and frightening.

Two lane roads are sooooo scary :icon_evil: The same thing here, but instead of hundreds of miles, it's only ~50mi, lol.