Google Maps w/ Multi-Touch Ported to DROID

Cowpoke

Reaction score
I'm guessing you will end up with two maps programs much like we have two gallery ones after installing 2.1 of it?

Sodner

Reaction score
Getting sick of 2 clocks, 2 galleries, now two maps! Argh!

But still another new cool thing for the DROID!!!!

jlittlec5

Reaction score
Got it loaded and seems to be working fine, but I can't get the "My Maps" layer to load. It just returns and says "Failed to load My Maps".

Hawk

Reaction score
Very nice. I just set it up seem s to work perfectly.

jlittlec5

Reaction score
My maps may not work on 2.0.1. Were you on that?

I am still on 2.0.1. Pretty sure it did work in the previous version. I think that was the way I got my POIs to load. I checked both versions (since I now have 2 map programs) and both get the same error.

jlittlec5

Reaction score
OK, not exactly sure what I did, but it works now. I uninstalled the new map app, still didn't work on the old version. Reinstalled and still got the same error. Tried to log into Latitude and got an error. Tried that a second time, it connected to Latitude then the my maps began working.

FireDroid

Reaction score
When 2.1 comes out you can then go and uninstall the doubles. Also, just make it your default and you wont have to worry about double anything until you go to uninstall!

pyro6128

Reaction score
Just installed and it seems to be working fine, one thing though, How do I make it the default maps app, so that anything having to use maps or gps or voice nav or whatever uses the 2.1 verison instead of the old one?